Posted by Sara on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 8:31pm.
How did the British Govnt react to the ninety-two resolutions?
This is one question which has stumped me, I cant seem to find the answer.
I had that it replied bak with ten resoultions not accepting the rights of the assembly...not sure...
Colonies in the wilderness - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 8:36pm
This article gives a little more information.
Colonies in the wilderness - Sara, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 8:39pm
Does the answer lay in this paragraph?
On February 28, 1834, Papineau presented the Ninety-Two Resolutions to the Legislative Assembly. They were approved and then sent to London. The resolutions included, among other things, demands for an elected Legislative Council and an Executive Council responsible before the house of representatives. Under the Constitutional Act of 1791, the government of Lower Canada was given an elected legislative assembly, but members of the upper houses were appointed by the Governor of the colony.
Colonies in the wilderness - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 8:58pm
These sentences answer it better:
"British Colonial Secretary Lord Russell eventually responded to them by issuing ten resolutions of his own (the Russell Resolutions). All of the Legislative Assembly's demands were rejected."
Wikisource has original text related to this article:
The Ninety-Two Resolutions
-- From the above Wikipedia article.
Colonies in the wilderness - Sara, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 9:03pm
Thanks Ms. Sue:)
Colonies in the wilderness - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 9:15pm
You're welcome, Sara.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- us history - Which statement was NOT used by the British to justify taxing the ...
- Social studies - 2. What were some reasons that the Iroquois joined forces with ...
- US History - How did the British mercantlism prevent the economic development of...
- History help!!!!!!!! - Why did the colonists react to the Coercive Acts with ...
- history - which statement was not used by the british government to justify ...
- Civics - Which of the following was grievance of the American colonists against ...
- Social Studies (Check Answers) - 1. How might the Iroquois have been helpful in ...
- Social studies - which of the following best describes how the intolerable acts ...
- history - Struggling to answer completely and logically, please critique the ...
- check my work - 1. Which of the following events happened last? (1 point) the ...