Posted by Hannah on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 5:27pm.
Discuss whether the minimum wage will reduce the poverty trap?
I need 3 ways for and 3 ways against
Economics - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 5:28pm
If you post your ideas, we'll be glad to comment or add to them.
Economics - Hannah, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 5:31pm
Ok sorry about that.
So far I have that is the minimum wage is increased then those who get benefits will nnot receive them anymore as they are having higher incomes.
I also said that increasing the minimum wage will reduce the poverty trap because it gives employees an incentive to work.
I just can't think of any more reasons
Economics - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 5:35pm
Some employers argue that they cannot afford to hire as many people if the minimum wage rises.
Raising the minimum wage also raises the wages of those employees who have been paid over the minimum. Good for the employees, but no so for the employers.
The minimum wage is still not enough to live on.
Economics - Hannah, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 5:41pm
so how is that trying to reduce the poverty trap and how is not?
Economics - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 6:18pm
Another point -- a minimum-wage job helps the employee develop skills and work ethics so that s/he can be promoted or advance to a higher paying job. Also, these employees show children and peers the advantages of working and learning and advancing.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - How many ways can 3 students be chosen from a class of 20 to represent ...
- Math - you own 5 pair of jeans and want to take 2 of them with you on vacation ...
- Life orientation - Discuss ways poverty in the community/in schools problem ...
- Life orientation - In 10-15 lines critically discuss 5 ways in which poverty as ...
- life orientation - in 10-15 lines discuss 5 ways in which the human or ...
- algebra - Minimum Wage: The table shows minmum wage for three different years ...
- Ecomomics - Under what conditions migh an increase in the minimum wage not ...
- macroeconomics - Suppose in 2009 the united states congress passes a minimum ...
- math - Four accounting majors, two economics majors, and three marketing majors ...
- macroeconomic - Suppose in 2007 the United States Congress passes a minimum wage...