Posted by Joella on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 11:14am.
Solve by elimination method-thanks fro checking my work
2x + 3y= 2 multiply this equation by 2= 4x + 6y = 4
4x-2y = -28
4x + 6y = 4
-4x -2y = -28
8y = 32
y = 4
2x + 3(4) = 2
2x + 12 = 2
2x + 2-12
2x = -10
x = -5
solution = (-5,4)
- Algebra II-Please check my solution - Kate, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 11:21am
you're on the right track but when you tried to subtract the 2 eq you only subtracted the first term, but left the others' signs the same.
It should look like this:
-4x+2y=28 now add the two eq together and redo the work you did before. if you have more questions just ask!
- Algebra II-Please recheck-Please check my solution - Joella, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 11:47am
when I wrote the -4x -2y = 28
I forgot to put the next step which was -4x + 2y = 28
but isn't the rest of my steps the same still because when I subtracted those they became 8y = 32 and the rest Thanks for responding-I'm not sure if this isn't right still-I think the answer is correct minus the one step I forgot to write
- Algebra II-Please recheck your correction-Please check my solution - Joella, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 11:56am
I think I see where you mistook what I wrote-I'm doing the elimination method and subtracting the equations so the new equations were
4x + 6y = 4 after I multiplied first equation by 2
minus 4x -2y = -28 and so the 4x becomes -, the -2y becomes positive and the -28 becomes positive, correct
- Algebra II-Please check my solution - Kate, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 12:29pm
You're right. I'm sorry. When I saw the missed step, I stopped looking at the rest of the work. You are correct.
Answer this Question
- Intermediate Algebra (Math) - HELP PLEASE, Solve using the elimination method. ...
- algebra - I just need a quick check before I hand in my work if you would......
- Math 116 algebra please check - Solve by elimination method 2x + 3y =1 4x + 6y =...
- Math 116 algebra please check - Solve by the elimination method 3r-7s=-28 7r+3s=...
- Algebra - How do I solve for elimination method on this problem: 0.3x - 0.2y=4 ...
- math elimination method - elimination method really confuses me. solve by ...
- Elimination Method Help - solve by the elimination method 5x+5y= -7 7x-3y=19 The...
- Algebra/Elimination method - Solve using the elimination method. If the system ...
- Algebra - Checking a few answers to some algebra problems: 1.Find the slope of ...
- intermediate algebra - solve using the elimination method. show your work. if ...