Posted by English2 on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 9:22pm.
What's the difference between lay and lie? and if you had..Tonya has___out in the sun since noon. which one do you use in past tense?
Grade 11 English 3 - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 9:30pm
The difference between lie and lay is probably the toughest in the English language.
In your sentence you need the past participle of "lie."
Tonya has lain . . .
Study this site -- and keep it handy.
Grade 11 English 3 - Mrs.Scott, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 9:36pm
Grade 11 English 3 - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 9:38pm
But -- please do not switch screen names.
Grade 11 English 3 - Mrs.Scott, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 9:40pm
yes ma'am...i just found this website today..sorry..
Grade 11 English 3 - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 9:41pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - How do I know when to use lay or lie? Thank you for using the Jiskha ...
- 4th grade - What is the difference between past tense and past participle? what ...
- English - I told the child__down for nap, when he fall asleep, o __down for nap ...
- English - 16. I told the child to _____ down for a nap. When he finally fell ...
- English. - i told the child to.....down for a nap. when he finally fell asleep I...
- English ASAP Please - Which one of the following sentences is grammatically ...
- 3 grade english - write three sentence about whale. use present tense in one ...
- English - Which sentence uses lie or lay correctly? (1 point) Please lay your ...
- ESL-grammar - can anyone plz tell me what's the differences between past perfect...
- English - 1. He vomited all the cookies he had eaten. 2. He vomited all the ...