Posted by Jena on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 7:57pm.
Find the equation of the line.
find equation of form y=ax+b, where a is slope, and b is intercept, which passes through points (x1, y1) = (-8, -6) and (x2, y2) = (0, 0)
slope 0-(-6)/0-(-8)= 3/4
how would I write it?
y=3/4x or y=3/4x+0 ?
- intermediate algebra-check my answer - helper, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 8:03pm
y = ax + b
m = 3/4
y = 3/4 x + b
You need to find b for this equation.
Substitute one of the given points into your equation and solve for b.
Then use that b value for your equation.
- intermediate algebra-check my answer - Jena, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 8:10pm
I don't get a value for b, What am I missing?
- intermediate algebra-check my answer - helper, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 8:25pm
You were given the points,
(x1, y1) = (-8, -6) and (x2, y2) = (0, 0)
y = 3/4 x + b
Use one of the given points, for example,
Solve for b
-6 = 3/4(-8) + b
b = 0
Therefore, the equation is
y = 3/4 x + 0
y = 3/4 x
I guess I miss-understood you. I didn't realize that you had already found the b value to be zero. (Since you didn't state that b = 0 originally). I shouldn't have assumed.
- intermediate algebra-check my answer - Jena, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 9:38pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- geometry - I would love for someone to check my work on the seven problems that ...
- Math/Algebra do u know how to do slope intercept? - The following problems are ...
- Algebra - Can someone check my answers? 1. Write the equation of the line that ...
- Algebra - 1. Find the slope of a line that passes through (-2 -3) and (1 1). a. ...
- math - I have a few question so I will number them off. Please answer them for ...
- Algebra - Could someone correct my answers and help with the other problems? 1. ...
- Math -Quadratics Help! - I have a test tomorrow with a few sample questions that...
- Math - Quadratics & Analytical Geometry - I have a test tomorrow with a few ...
- math - pls check!!! - Write an equation in point-slope form for the line that ...