Posted by Melinda on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 4:05pm.
what is the adverb in this sentence?
"Soon people became very fearful."
English - Writeacher, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 4:13pm
Which word answers one of these questions?
(Actually, there are 2 adverbs in there.)
english - Melinda, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 4:17pm
soon and fearful
english - Writeacher, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 4:19pm
soon - yes
fearful - no, it's an adj modifying "people"
english - Melinda, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 4:24pm
thank you so much!
English - Writeacher, Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 5:37pm
Did you figure out what the 2nd adverb is?
english - V, Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 4:04pm
Very is the adverb. How fearful? VERY fearful
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Adrian saw his friend Bob walking fast down the hall. What is the ...
- english - I have to identify the adverb, what is modifies, and identify if the ...
- english - Read the following sentence. Decide if the BOLD adverb modifies a verb...
- English - I need help if the sentence are good and i'm not sure with the ...
- English - Is there an adverb in these sentence... There is a big sale at the ...
- English - Is there any rule in the adverb sequence?So Can I use quickly,clearly ...
- grammar - What the adverb that modifies the adverb in the sentence. She drives ...
- ENGLISH SOS!!!!!!!!! MS SUE, SOMEONE, PLEASE! - IS The italicized word in the ...
- English - Hello. I'll be very grateful if you help me with a few questions. 1)...
- Grammar - Is "to" in the following sentence a preposition or an adverb? "The ...