Posted by JayCee on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 12:25am.
a block of mass 2.50 kg rests on a ramp. if the coefficient of static friction between the block and ramp is 0.350, what maximum angle can the ramp make with the horizontal before the block starts to slip down?
- physics please please please please please - Henry, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 9:28pm
F = 2.50 * 9.8 = 24.5N @ A deg.
Fp = 24.5*sinA = Force parallel with plane.
Fv = 24.5*cosA = Force perpendicular to
uFv = 0.35Fv = Force of friction.
Fp - 0.35Fv = ma,
a = 0(block at rest),
Fp -0.35Fv = 0,
Fp = 0.35Fv,
24.5*sinA = 0.35*24.5*cosA,
Divide both sides by 24.5:
sinA = 0.35*cosA
Divide both sides by cosA:
sinA / cosA = 0.35,
sinA / cosA = TanA,
TanA = 0.35,
A = 19.3deg.
- physics please please please please please - abdirahman, Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 12:48pm
- physics please please please please please - Anonymous, Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 2:13pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - the only part i cant figure out is the max static friction force that...
- Physics - A block is sitting on a ramp. The block feels a force of friction ...
- Physics - A block is sitting on a rough ramp. It is found that a force of F = ...
- physics - A wooden box with a mass of 10.0kg rests on a ramp that is inclined at...
- Physics - A 10-kg wooden box rests on a wooden ramp. The coefficient of static ...
- Phyiscs - A wooden box with a mass of 10.0kg rests on a ramp that is inclined at...
- Physics - A 2.5 kg block is launched up a ramp at 9.0 m/s. If the ramp is 35 ...
- AP Physics - A mystery surprise box is sliding down a ramp at a constant speed. ...
- Physics - A 30kg block sits on a ramp, with Θ=47. The ramp is 13m off the ...
- AP Physics - A block of mass 80.4 kg is sliding on a ramp. The angle of ...