Posted by heather on Monday, February 14, 2011 at 2:21pm.
1. A staple food transplanted from Southeast Asia to the Mediterranean world as a result of the Islamic Empire was
2. How did Alfred the Great secure his modern reputation as a state-builder?
A. He gave free land and tax breaks to peasants.
B. He encouraged trade through tax incentives to merchants and businessmen.
C. He was lavishly generous to monks.
D. He forced people to live in militarized colonies.
3. One of the primary ways that Buddhism spread into Eastern Asia was through
A. the beauty of Buddhist art.
C. news of its success.
4. Which of the following combinations of food did the Polynesians introduce to the islands they colonized?
A. Sugar cane, chickens, and kava
B. Sugar cane, pigs, and breadfruit
C. Pigs, taro, and coconuts
D. Bananas, breadfruit, and cattle
5. The Emperor Charlemagne spread Christianity among the Saxons by
A. excluding pagans from trade and commerce.
B. giving pagans a choice of conversion or death.
C. imposing taxes on those who didn't convert.
D. by way of exemplary faith that set an example.
6. Alexander the Great was tutored by
7. Jews and Christians living in the Islamic world
A. could continue in their beliefs as long as they paid a tax.
B. had to wear badges denoting their religion and had to live in specified places in cities.
C. were persecuted and often killed if they didn't convert.
D. faced unceasing pressure to convert to Islam.
8. During the eighth century C.E., many of the rulers of Japan were
B. from the merchant class.
D. military strongmen.
9. Many early historians tended to look at the past in terms of
A. progress and decline.
B. innovation and change.
C. random cycles.
D. continuities and discontinuities.
10. The animating principles of Benedict's rules for monks are the quest for salvation and
A. extremes of self-mortification.
B. the application of personal ambition to God's work.
C. the subordination of willfulness.
D. knowledge obtained solely through communion with God.
11. Which of the following religions represents both good and evil by a deity?
12. After its conquest by Alexander the Great, the government of the Persian Empire
A. was maintained more or less intact.
B. was ruled by a traditional Macedonian monarchy.
C. was transformed into a democratic monarchy.
D. became a democracy.
13. In forming his government, Asoka recruited what group to serve as bureaucrats?
A. The rising merchant class
B. Traditional Brahman elites
C. The military elite
D. The Buddhist clergy
14. With the adoption of Christianity by Constantine, the emperor
A. stopped using images of pagan gods.
B. was called God's deputy on Earth.
C. ended pagan rituals and ceremonies.
D. was no longer worshipped as a god.
15. The Chinese philosopher Xunzi wrote that if a person attempted to cure rheumatism by beating a drum and sacrificing a pig to the gods, then the
A. rheumatism would be cured.
B. rheumatism would get better, but the person wouldn't be happy.
C. rheumatism wouldn't get better because proper therapy required playing a flute and sacrificing a chicken.
D. drum would be worn out, and the pig would be gone.
16. The decline of Tibet as a powerful kingdom happened
A. after the collapse of the Tang dynasty.
B. during the Sui dynasty.
C. before the decline of the Tang dynasty.
D. at the same time as the decline of the Tang dynasty.
17. The division between Shia and Sunni Muslims originally arose over
A. how one should pray.
B. who could be a caliph.
C. how Christians and Jews should be treated.
D. an understanding of the nature of Allah.
18. Which of the following is a Chinese school of thought that denounced ethics in favor of obedience?
19. In the Rome of Marcus Aurelius, a recurrent formula for saving the state from crisis involved
A. politicizing the military.
B. dividing the government and delegating authority.
C. paying tributes to Germanic peoples in Europe.
D. enlisting the aid of Persian allies.
20. On what basis were the Khmer people able to coalesce into a single large kingdom?
A. Exploiting the flooding of the Mekong River
B. Development of its pottery industry
C. Wealth from its trading fleet
D. Wealth from mining and timber
- world history - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 14, 2011 at 2:28pm
- world history - JD, Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 8:38pm
These are the worst world history questions and book I have even seen and I have seen a lot. I feel sorry for you guys!
- world history - JD, Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 8:39pm
Mrs. Sue you should be helping these kids
- world history - AScott, Friday, March 25, 2011 at 1:10pm
I Agree, im taking this class, and im haven a hard time find the answers in the book.
- world history - It is not cheating asking for HELP with ALL PENN FOSTER ANSWERS., Sunday, April 17, 2011 at 2:23pm
i don't think this is cheating. not one bit.if some 1 need proper answers assistance then how is this cheating,
if you are finding the answer faster than the person,making such inquest.
hell,even got the answers for my
VERY HARD/Much harder law school exam(s)
for L.S.A.T. in back of book,whereas;
it is helpful,and the fact P.F.
(penn foster_)say cheat policy is a laughing matter MUCH AS THEY CHARGE,plz. what crap. so any 1 who is takin penn foster it is not cheating,to hire a tutor or
to ask online,for the answers,IF your also trying to study/to get the answers and if not?KEEP ASKIN. i know many good site for such assistance.
and good luck to all.email me anytime.
and i wish you ALL luck with your PF
Diploma,your goin to get there just keep staying on net,lookin for answers that DO exist,not cheatin at all,as well as study when your able,if not get the answers and apply them to the proper question From Geena Romano on facebook
- world history - Skye. S, Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 5:13pm
I agree with everyone. See most teachers and others think since it's online program it'll be easy and believe you can always search the answers. When first starting out with Penn foster, yes. But later on no, I even had sever AP World History Students, wait, with a GPA of 4.00 that says this is even difficult for them.
No one said you had to give them all the answers, but the student simply need help. Give him tips an locations where to find the answer. Also no one said you had to answer all of them. Ms. Sue I hope your not a teacher.
- world history - Atty, Friday, June 3, 2011 at 12:29pm
Dude, I can't find anything either. And when I thought I was finally done with this section, I burned my book and skipped around it with joy. Days later I recieved a call stating that I failed the History and had to retake the tests.....Too bad I didn't have a book to look in and none of these ignorant questions are on the internet (if they are, they are not easy to find.) People come here for help (including answers) So WHY DON'T YOU HELP THEM?
- world history - Amanda, Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 8:00pm
I am sorry. I am taking the classes for Penn Foster also. But I have to agree with Mrs. Sue because If you need that much help maybe you should contact the school and tell them that you need help. I posted up for help on one question and posted up for somebody to check my answers and Mrs. Sue helped me by agreeing or disagreeing with my answers. She did not go and say. The answers to all of my questions, if she had what would I be learning by somebody telling me all the answers.
- world history - Lina , Thursday, December 22, 2011 at 8:36pm
i need the answers too!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- history - A staple food transplanted from Southeast Asia to the Mediterranean ...
- History - 1. What major problem did the Roman Empire face in the mid to late ...
- World - In general, how did Islam spread to southeast Asia? A. Isolated regimes ...
- World History - 007679 1. A staple food transplanted from Southeast Asia to the ...
- world geography - which of the following are cash crops grown in southeast asia...
- AP World History Please help - What was the nature and extent of the Umayyad ...
- ugh.... world history.... - what region is called china's "rice bowl...
- SS - How did this document most likely affect European views of Southeast Asia...
- Nutrition - which of the foods is Not a common allergen? eggs, orange juice, ...
- World History - What factors contributed to Islam's spread to south and ...