Posted by Mike on Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 2:04pm.
I really need you to re-word these sentences as I don't know much about vocabulary on the environment.Thank you very much!
1)I‘m quite environment-friendly. I have three containers at home to sort my rubbish. One is for paper, one for plastic and one for moist (?).
2) As I live in a block of flats I take my sorted rubbish in the common containers which are located in the courtyard.
3) I always turn the heating down when I’m not at home and use hot water only when strictly necessary.
4) If I have a picnic in the country, I always clean everything up (?) and take the rubbish home.
5) I use solar energy to heat water and photovoltaic (?) energy to produce energy at home. I sell the
How can I use the word “separate collection of household waste” in a sentence?
6) In Italian you could say “ I do a separate collection of waste” but I believe you can’t in English. What would you say “I sort out my rubbish”??
7) I use the car as little as possible. I usually cycle or walk to work. When I go on holiday, I use as less equipment as possible.
8) At my school there is a dustbin for paper and one for other litter (?). You are fined 10 Euros if you drop anything on the floor.
English - Writeacher, Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 4:15pm
1) I'm quite environmentally friendly. I have three containers at home into which to sort my trash. One is for paper; one is for plastic; and one is for regular kitchen trash.
2) Since I live in a block of apartments, I put my sorted trash into the common trash barrels which are located in the courtyard.
3) I always turn the heat down when I’m not at home, and I use hot water only when necessary.
4) If I have a picnic in the country, I always clean everything up and take the trash home.
5) I use solar energy to heat water and produce energy at home. The recycling pick-up trucks take away my sorted trash.
6) I sort my trash into recyclables and regular trash.
7) I use the car as little as possible. I usually ride my bike or walk to work. When I go on vacation, I use as few pieces of equipment as possible.
8) At my school there is a barrel for paper and one for other trash. You are fined 10 Euros if you drop anything on the floor.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I urgently need you to check these sentences. Thank you. 1) I sort my ...
- English - Can someone tell me what's the British for the words "common trash ...
- English - I can stand that much to help the environment...
- English - I left out the following sentences. Could you please check them? 1) ...
- English - I forgot to include the following few sentences. Thank you very much. ...
- Geo + eng+ history - Hello, My question is that what kind of environments are ...
- English - Hello. I really appreciate your help and answers but I didn't quite ...
- Children with Special Needs - Hello! So I have a question regarding a topic to ...
- Social Studies Paper - I have to write a paper about my neighborhood (east flat ...
- environment - i need to write a letter to the environmental defense fund about ...