Posted by Tonya on Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 1:29pm.
A bag contains a mixture of copper and lead BB's. The average density of the BB's is 9.87 g/cm^3. Assuming that copper and lead are pure, determine the relative amounts of each kind of BB.
- chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 2:30pm
Density Pb = 11.4
Density Cu = 8.96
You need to confirm these.
Let x = fraction Pb BBs, then
1-x = fraction Cu BBs.
11.4(x) + 8.96(1-x) = 9.87
Solve for x, then evaluate 1-x.
check my work. Check my thinking.
- chemistry - Tonya, Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 3:14pm
What do you do next?
- chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 3:19pm
Solve for x. After you know x, you can find 1-x. x is lead and 1-x is Cu.
- vtoroynax - vtoroynax, Monday, March 2, 2015 at 4:05am
Nice website for me!!! Ok and good!
- tretiynax - tretiynax, Monday, March 2, 2015 at 12:37pm
LED text displays refer to types that are specialized and limited to display of alpha-numeric characters. Most types display either one character or a group of characters
- moeposlanie - moeposlanie, Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 3:24am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - A bag contains a mixture of copper and lead BBs. The average density...
- college - A bag contains a mixture of copper and lead BBs. the Average density ...
- college chemistry - A bag contains a mixture of copper and lead BBs. The average...
- Chemistry 101 - A bag contains a mixture of copper and lead BBs. The average ...
- Chemistry - Copper and lead had different densities. Sketch a diagram at the ...
- physics- help me please - Suppose you have two cubic meters of uranium, four ...
- algebra - Chemist has 30 kg of mixture that is 1/7 lead and 6/7 copper. How many...
- Chemistry - Naturally occurring copper contains a mixture of 69.09% copper-63 (...
- Physics - If you want to design a set of five density rods (made of aluminum, ...
- Chemistry - How come lead is denser than copper though more copper atoms can fit...