Posted by Kate on Friday, February 11, 2011 at 1:58pm.
1. The Stubborn Child Law enacted by Massachusetts in 1646 permitted parents to
A. use corporal punishment when children disobeyed them.
B. keep children out of school if they were needed for family work purposes.
C. institutionalize a child born with a physical or mental disability.
D. put disobedient children to death.
2. Which of the following is the best statement about children who are abused?
A. They most often come from impoverished homes.
B. They can’t usually be identified by their “appearance.”
C. They’ll misbehave more often in the classroom.
D. They’re usually between the ages of 2 and 8.
3.)As a result of Frenchman Jean Jacques Rousseau’s book about child development, growth, and maturity,
A. the number of hours children were required to work was decreased.
B. children were given more nutritious food to eat.
C. more children entered school at an earlier age.
D. parents understood the need for providing children with “play” time.
4. As a teacher aide, if you report an incident of child abuse,
A. you must be able to prove your allegations to the authorities.
B. you’ll most likely be asked to testify in court.
C. you should keep all information related to the case confidential.
D. you’re required to contact the child’s parents first.
5. Which of the following is an example of physical abuse?
A. A father refuses to buy his seven-year-old son glasses so he can see the blackboard in school.
B. A single mother of three children makes them wait to eat dinner until she arrives home at 9:00 at
C. A nine-year-old boy reports that his basketball coach is fondling him.
D. A mother beats her three-year-old daughter because she is unable to zipper her own coat.
6. The first major child abuse case, heard in the United States in 1874, involved a(n)
A. child, living in New York City, who was chained to a bed post, starved and beaten savagely by
her foster parents.
B. eight-year old-boy who was whipped excessively upon refusing to work in his father’s cotton
C. orphan who had been abandoned by his adoptive parents at the age of five.
D. four-year-old girl who, after disobeying her parents, was locked in a closet for several days.
7. The Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act defines child abuse as the physical or mental injury,
sexual abuse, or exploitation, negligent treatment or maltreatment of children under the age of
A. 16. C. 12.
B. 21. D. 18.
8. Parents who fail to provide their children with proper supervision is an example of what type of child
A. Emotional C. Intellectual
B. Neglect D. Physical
9. What do we call the type of child abuse that hinders a child’s growth and development?
A. Severe C. Delayed
B. Primary D. Marginal
10. What estimated percentage of child abusers are so emotionally unstable that they can’t learn
A. 10% C. 40%
B. 20% D. 70%
- Teacher's Aide: Helping Abused Children - Kate, Friday, February 11, 2011 at 2:00pm
i for got to post my answers:
- Teacher's Aide: Helping Abused Children - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 11, 2011 at 2:13pm
Have you considered studying for another profession?
I don't know about 10. However, the only answer you have correct is 7.
You seem to be wasting your time and money in this class.
- Teacher's Aide: Helping Abused Children - Kate, Monday, February 14, 2011 at 10:25am
I don't mean to be mean on this end but that is a very rude thing to ask anyone. 1st off i'm newly married, 6 months pregnant, and this is not the only thing that i'm going to school for. i actually have a 91% in my class and this is the only test that i've had problems with and for this test to be test #17 out of 17 i think that's pretty good. Not to bring up that I've passed the other 16/17 test with A's and B's. i'm also going to school for my associates degree in early childhood education so i'm just a little stressed. Thank you so much for your help though.
- Teacher's Aide: Helping Abused Children - teacher aide: TECHNOLOGY IN THE CLASSROOM 02604000, Monday, June 27, 2011 at 3:57pm
what about 11-20 why are they not here???
- Teacher's Aide: Helping Abused Children - Windy, Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 10:27am
How did u do on the test? Working on my last two
Answer this Question
helping abused children - the stubborn child law of 1646 by the state of ...
helping abused children - Im still stuck on number 11 and 17 will you please ...
teacher aide - 1 As a teacher aide, if you report an incident of child abuse A ...
Helping Abused children - Please help 4. As a teacher aide, if you report an ...
Health of young children - A teacher is in a prime position to observe children ...
Teacher Aide-Pennfoster - Im almost done finishing this course online and I need...
Math - If the ratio of children to parents is 3 to 2 which of these shows ...
helping abused children - what is the best statement about children who are ...
teacher aide examniation number 02604200 - 1. A common symptom of a behavior ...
teachers aide early chidhood education and after s - 1.you should serve meals ...