Posted by Rena on Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 10:55am.
Use Euler’s formula to answer the question.
A polyhedron has 12 edges and 6 faces, how many vertices does it have?
Math-Geomety - MathMate, Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 11:40am
Euler's formula state that for a polyhedrons,
V=number of vertices
E=number of edges
F=number of faces
Take a tetrahedron, which has
6 edges, 4 vertices and 4 faces
For the given polyhedron,
So solve for V in
Post your answer for a check if you wish.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Use Eulerʹs formula to answer the question. A polyhedron has 36 ...
- math - A polyhedron has 6 faces and 4 vertices. Use Euler's formula to calculate...
- math - If a polyhedron has 13 vertices and 21 faces, how many edges does it have...
- geometry - use Euler's formula to find the missing number. Vertices: 10 Edges: ...
- math - A polyhedron has 15 vertices and 31 edges. How many faces does it have?
- math - a polyhedron has 36 edges and 21 faces, how many vertices does it have? ...
- Geometry - A polyhedron has 33 edges and 20 faces. How many vertices does it ...
- Geometry - I need help with my geometry homework Use Euler's formula to find the...
- GEOMETRY - If a polyhedron has 13 vertices and 21 faces, how many edges does it ...
- math - how many edges , vertices and faces does a cylinder have? some say 0 ...