Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at 12:29am.
According to one survey, the number of consumers who planned to purchase a television for the purposes of viewing the Super Bowl rose from 1.4 million in 2005 to 4.5 million in 2011. Suppose that in 2005 the average purchase price for a television was $935. In 2011 the average purchase price for a television was down to P dollars. If everyone surveyed in 2005 and 2011 who indicated that they planned to purchase a television for viewing the Super Bowl actually did, for what value of P would the total amount spent by those consumers be the same in 2005 and 2011? Express your answer as a decimal rounded to the nearest cent.
- 8th grade math - Kate, Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at 10:18pm
935*1.4 mil = P*4.5 mil (mult 935 by 1.4)
1309 mil = P*4.5 mil (divide both sides by 4.5)
So P = $290.89
- 8th grade math - Jade, Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 1:24pm
two congruent opposite sides of a trapezoid are each 4 inches longer than the top base of the trapezoid. The top base of the trapezoid is one third as long as the bottom base of the trapezoid. If the perimeter is 56 inches, what is the length of each of the four sides of the trapezoid?
- 8th grade math - Patrick, Monday, February 14, 2011 at 11:04am
Answer to Jade:
The bottom of the Trapezoid =x, the top = (1/3x), the sides then = (1/3x + 4").
So the equation looks like this:
x + 1/3x + (1/3x + 4) + (1/3x +4)=56
Solve for X:
2x + 8 = 56
Plug your # for x back into the dim. for each side and you get:
Bottom = x = 24
Top = (1/3(24)) = 8
Sides= (1/3(24))+4 = 12
- 8th grade math - Anonymous, Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 10:55am
what is the square feet of 804
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 8th grade - According to the CIA fact book there were 1018057384 internet users ...
- business math - The GDP of Company E was $500 million in 1995. The population ...
- math - Date US Population Jul 1, 2012 313.85 million Jul 1, 2011 311.59 million...
- Math - According to the CIA fact book there were 1018057384 internet users in ...
- Maths - According to the CIA fact book there were 1018057384 internet users in ...
- Math - The total number of DVD videos produced and shipped in 1998 was .5 ...
- math - Your program has an RDT&E-funded project scheduled to start in July 2005 ...
- statistics - Your program has an RDT&E-funded project scheduled to start in July...
- algebra - In 2006, 74.2 million tax returns were filed electronically. This ...
- Algebra 2 - A country's population in 1991 was 15 million. In 2001 it was 16 ...