Posted by Sue on Tuesday, February 8, 2011 at 1:47pm.
Can please someone check my answer:
a)385 data loss incidents took place
b)110 million people were affected by personal data loss incidents
c)3% of all data loss incidents were caused by hard copy theft/loss
d)20% of all data loss incidents were caused by portable media theft/loss
e)15% of data loss incidents were linked to financial services organisations.
f)4.13 million people suffered data loss incidents involving Government ID numbers.
Using the above data calculate:
i)The total number of data loss incidents that were linked to financial
services organisations, to the nearest whole number.
ii)The ratio of the number of people affected by data loss incidents caused by portable media theft/loss to the number of people affected by data loss incidents caused by hard copy theft/loss.
(iii) The percentage of all people affected by a personal data loss incident that involved Government ID numbe
A. 15% of 385 = 57.75 ~ 58
B. 3% of 385 = 11.55 ~ 12
D. I'm not sure how to calculate?
- Math - helper, Tuesday, February 8, 2011 at 3:51pm
I don't know why you have four answers, A,B,C, and D? Are you not answering i,ii, and iii ?
i) .15 * 385 = 57.75 = 58
ii) Ratio portable media theft : hard copy theft
20% : 3% = .20/.03 = 6.67
iii) 4.13 mil govern ID no.
Total people 110 mil (from b.)
4.13/110 = 3.75%
- Math - M150, Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 7:20am
The second 2 answers are wrong.
(ii) percentage is not asked, the ratio is 7:1, 20% of 385=77 and 3% of 385=11.55 giving 77:11.55
(iii) 110x4.13/100 will give your answer
- Math - Help Man, Monday, May 23, 2011 at 1:49pm
ii) Also it is asking for the ratio of people and not the data loss incidents so I think 385 is replaces with 110.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Computer Science - Can please someone check my answer: a)385 data loss incidents...
- Computer Science - a)385 data loss incidents took place b)110 million people ...
- Math - Can someone please check to see if I got these right. A store receives $...
- office finances - your computers hard drive has crashed and all data has been ...
- Office Finances - Your computer's hard drive has crashed and all data has been ...
- Hearing Loss/Causes - If a deaf person HAS A DB loss of 76.1 for their right ear...
- Math help on profit/loss - Please help? DId I find the amount of profit or loss ...
- law/jrnalism - In Japan, loss of face is as important as loss of personal ...
- the excetional child - could you check my answer please. a ssecere loss of ...
- Applied statistics for business and economics - Only 0.02% of credit card ...