posted by derp on .
Train L and Train M leave a station at the same time heading in opposite directions. Train L is going north at an average speed of 70 miles per hour (mph). Train M is going south at an average speed of 85 mph.
How long does it take each train, in hours, to travel 225 miles along the track?
1. Identify what is being asked.
2. Strategize how to solve the question, name any unknown variables.
3. Write an equation or two that could be used to solve this question. Explain why your equation is correct.
4. Answer the Question. Include a written response as well as an answer.
5. Check your work to see if the answer is reasonable.