Posted by keith on Monday, February 7, 2011 at 8:19pm.
i solved by factoring like this:
now i need to solve by the form x^2=k
How do I do that?
- math - helper, Monday, February 7, 2011 at 8:39pm
3x^2 + 5x - 12 = 0
This cannot be factored
This can be solved by completing the square or using the quadratic formula.
(3x + 4)(x - 3) = 3x^2 - 5x - 12
Does not equal 3x^2 + 5x - 12
- math - Reiny, Monday, February 7, 2011 at 9:15pm
just switch your signs
(3x-4)(x+3) = 0
so 3x-4 = 0 or x+3 = 0
x = 4/3 or x = -3
your version would give a middle term of -5x
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- MATH STUCK:-( - I am having some difficulties factoring polynomials and I use ...
- Math - I need help on factoring monomials in quadratic form. The problem is: a...
- Math-Factoring - Hey I need help factoring 5x^4-180x^2. I'm used to factoring ...
- MATH-Stuck :-( - I really need help factoring these special Trinomials. This ...
- MATH-STUCK :-( - I really need help factoring these special Trinomials. This ...
- Math - 2x(x+3) = 0 Is there a way to solve that using the below methods? ...
- math help - I need help factoring this out 6a^2-5a+1 okay so now after revising...
- Math - I have 4 math problems that need to be solved by using factoring. I am ...
- factoring - I cannot figure these out.Can someone Factor completely: 3x2 - x - 4...
- math 123 - solve the equation by factoring 3x^2-8x-3=0 (3x+1)(1x-3)=0 Now solve ...