Posted by Anonymous on Monday, February 7, 2011 at 5:40pm.
sara is making birthday cards. she takes 1 hour to make 5 cards. on tuesday, sara made 25 cards. how long did sara spend working on the cards on tuesday?
how do you the explain answer to a 3rd grader
3rd grade math - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 7, 2011 at 5:48pm
You could use 25 file cards (or old greeting cards?) to represent the birthday cards. Ask the child to make stacks with 5 cards in each stack.
Number each stack with a post-it note. Each stack is labeled 1 hour. The child can then count the hours.
3rd grade math - helper, Monday, February 7, 2011 at 5:49pm
5 cards in 1 hour
25 cards in 5 hours
5/hour + 5/hour + 5/hour + 5/hour + 5/hour = 25 cards/5 hour
I'm not sure what a 3rd grader is able to do as far as division or multiplication.
3rd grade math - lorenso, Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at 9:37pm
ok look in this problem it says 5 cards she makes in a hour so now we how to figure out how many hours did she spent making 25 cards in Tuesday so we start by putting 5 cards=1hryou would have to write
........5 cards=1hr it until we get to 25
........5 cards=1hr cards then count how
........5 cards=1hr many hours did it took
........25cards=5hrs (P.S. 25divided by 5 equals 5 or 5 times 5 equals 25 so 5 is the answer) sincerely.. 8th grader
3rd grade math - FAITH, Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 3:21pm
NUMBER 52 I NEED HELP ON
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 3rd grade math - Marlon has 4 cards, Jake has 4 cards, and Sam has 3 cards. Can ...
- Math Important! - Ozzie's Mother bought an assortment of greeting cards while ...
- Math - You make cards and sell them for $2.50 each. It costs $1.15 to print each...
- 3rd grade math - A pile of index cards has a mixture of white, pink, yellow, red...
- math - i had cards to write, i wrote 1 third of cards on monday, 2 eighths on ...
- 3rd Grade Math - Marlon has 4 baseball cards, Jake has 4 baseball cards, and Sam...
- 8th Grade MATH - a pack of 8 collectable cards contains 1 rare card, 3 uncommon ...
- math - A box contains 4 red cards, 6 blue cards, and 10 green cards. What is the...
- Math - Brent counted 10 red cards, 10 black cards, and 20 blue cards in a deck ...
- Math - Javier bought 48 sports cards at a yard sale. Of the cards, 3 over 8 were...