Posted by Marian on Monday, February 7, 2011 at 11:57am.
I'm stuck here don't have a clue what to do. I've read all my school textbooks but it doesn't make much sense!! The numbers after the letters are small figures as in they u3 meaning( u x u x u). Ta!
Factorise the expression
5 u3v +15 uv2-10v
taking out the highest common factor. Choose the expression that remains in brackets when this is done.
u 3 + 3 uv − 10
u 3 + 3 uv − 2
u 3 + 15 uv − 2
u 3 + 3 uv 2 − 2
u 3v + 3 uv − 2
5 u 3 + 3 uv − 2
u 3v + 3 uv 2 − 2 v
5 u 3 + 15 uv − 10
- maths - Reiny, Monday, February 7, 2011 at 12:22pm
5(u^3)(v) + 15(u)(v^2) - 10v
you are looking for the largest expression which divides into all 3 terms
I see 5 going into everybody, and also v is found in each term, so
5v(u^3 + 3uv - 2) would be the factored form
- maths - dig, Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 1:56pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Engineering Statistics - "A study has shown that 20% of all college textbooks ...
- Science - I'm a little confused when it comes to significant figures. Where it ...
- math - i did that but something doesnt make sence. the directions are, circle ...
- Maths - Show that (x + 1)(x – 3)(x – 4) = x3 – 6x2 + 5x + 12 I'm so sorry but I ...
- math - in roman numerals, letters represent numbers. for example, I=1,V=5,X=10,L...
- misc - What do bookmakers do when facts change and issued textbooks contain the ...
- Math - Melanie is going to read a 219 page book. She reads at a rate of 20 pages...
- History - Even though I asked this before, can you please help me with this and ...
- math - use a flow map to help you figure out the missing number. be sure to use ...
- 5th grade - use a flow map to help you figure out the missing number. be sure to...