Posted by Kimberly on Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 9:10pm.
I need help with these three math question.
1st question. What is the additive inverse of 5 on the 12-hour clock?
2nd question. What is the equivalent number on the 12-hour clock. -22 the choices for this question is, 5 or 2 or 3 or 1.
3rd question. I need to find the additive inverse of -9 on the 12-hour clock.
I really am having a tough time with these questions, can someone please help me.
- Math - dave, Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 9:20pm
The additive inverse is the # which when added to a number equals zero.
interesting questions. If you consider 12 on the clock to be '0", the -3 would have 3 as an "AI".
If you consider the number you are starting from to be "0" then = or - 12 would always give the number back to you.
Q #2 might hold the answer because of the choices given. The only number that is 22 hours away form 12 is 2.
I would consider using 12 as zero for the other questions as well.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - What is the additive inverse of 5 on the 12-hour clock.
- math - find the additive inverse of -9 on the 12-hour clock
- Math - Could some please help me to find the additive inverse of -9 on the 12-...
- maths - the minute hand of a clock is 9cm long. the hour hand clock is 2/3 times...
- Geography - Think of compass rose as a clock with north at 12 o'clock. what ...
- Math - Every hour a clock chimes as many times as the hour. For example, the ...
- matha - the minute hand of a clock is 9m long. the hour hand clock is 2/3 times ...
- math - Find the equivalent number on the 12-hour clock. -22
- math - If a clock tower strikes once at one o'clock,twice at two o'clock,thrice ...
- Math - 1) The hour hand on a clock has a length of 12 cm. Let the orgin be at ...