Posted by Shivi on Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 6:47pm.
Can someone briefly explain what the big bang theory is and the process? I hjave a sound understandning of it and i'm quite curious. Thanks
- Science - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 6:56pm
Here are several great articles on the big bang theory.
- Science - Shivi, Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 7:16pm
- Science - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 7:29pm
- Science - Shivi, Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 8:04pm
So is this right? PS I tried putting some of it in my own words.
The Big Bang Theory occurred 14 billion years ago from a singularity (a single point, smaller than a pinhead with infinite temperature and density).
It is believed that everything (time, matter, space, stars etc) was created after the 'Big Bang' and was 'packed' at one tiny point.
In a fraction of a second, the Universe grew from smaller than a single atom to bigger than a galaxy. And it kept on growing at a fantastic rate. It is still expanding today.
As the Universe expanded and cooled, energy changed into particles of matter and antimatter. These two opposite types of particles largely destroyed each other. But some matter survived. More stable particles called protons and neutrons started to form when the Universe was one second old.
Over the next three minutes, the temperature dropped below 1 billion degrees Celsius. It was now cool enough for the protons and neutrons to come together, forming hydrogen and helium nuclei.
After 300 000 years, the Universe had cooled to about 3000 degrees. Atomic nuclei could finally capture electrons to form atoms. The Universe filled with clouds of hydrogen and helium gas.
- Science - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 8:11pm
I don't have the knowledge to comment on your content. The only thing I'd change though, is your use of the word "singularity." Omit it and the parentheses following it.
- Science - The Curse Word Destroyer, age 11, Thursday, August 23, 2012 at 11:27am
You love grammer, dont you Ms SUE?
Answer this Question
- Science - Hello. Can someone please show me a link or something to the Big Bang ...
- science - the existence of background radiation is offered as evidence ...
- science - the latest information on the 'big bang' theory
- science - what evidence supports the big bang theory?
- Science-Universe and Stars - Now i have to conpare the oscilating theory with ...
- astronomy - Even though I do not believe the Big Bang is what created the ...
- science - HOW MUCH OF THE UNIVESE'S ORDINARY MATTER IS THOUGHT TO BE HELIUM?DOES...
- science - According to the big bang theory, by which force did the universe form...
- science (universe) - describe the big bang theory about the origin of the ...
- Science - I need some information about the big bang theory. What website would ...