Posted by Jess on Friday, February 4, 2011 at 9:01pm.
I got some help to get started but the material still seems like a foreign language. Someone layed out a nice outline for me to follow, but without understanding the material I still can't get anywhere.
It is how to CONDUCT a stakeholder analysis I am stuck on.
The few paragraphs under the heading "stakeholders analysis" doesn't explain much to help me complete the assignment.
Can someone please explain this to me? The text is so not helping at all.
Please, please, please help me!! I got 95% on the appendix B matrix about consequentialism, deontology, and virtue ethics. I also understand the 3 approaches to decision making- the 5-Question, Pastin's and Moral Standards approaches, but do not understand this assignment about the stakeholder impact analysis.
Describe, in 200 to 300 words, how you might conduct a stakeholder impact analysis of Scenario 1 of Appendix B using each of the stakeholder impact analysis approaches: moral standards, five-question, and Pastinís approach.
This is the scenario-
The mayor of a small seaside town faces a tough decision. A prominent developer has submitted a proposal to build a large mall and resort in the town. This development is estimated to bring $150 million in tourism each year and several hundred new jobs to the community, which badly needs the economic boost. The proposed location of the new development, however, is a site that now houses the only nursing home and senior citizensí recreation center in the area. Both the nursing home and recreation center would have to be demolished, affecting 100 seniors and 30 employees. There is no other location in town where the new development can be built. How should the mayor decide: in favor of economic prosperity or in defense of his elderly citizens?
Student responses must correctly describe how to conduct a stakeholder impact analysis using each of the three approaches described in Ch. 5: moral standards, 5-question, and Pastinís approach.
Responses should address the following key points in the context of the scenario:
Descriptions of the three standards that comprise the moral standards approach: utilitarian, individual rights, and justice
Identification of the questions used in the 5-question approach:
1. Is the decision profitable? 2. Is the decision legal? 3.Is the decision fair? 4. Is the decision right? 5. Does the decision further sustainable development?
Descriptions of the four key aspects of Pastinís approach:
1. Ground rule ethics 2. End-point ethics 3. Rule ethics 4. Social contract ethics
- Accounting ethics - Writeacher, Friday, February 4, 2011 at 9:19pm
- Accounting ethics - helper, Friday, February 4, 2011 at 9:55pm
Have you googled "How to CONDUCT a stakeholder analysis"?
I just did and there are many good links.
Whether these are helpful, only you would know.
I can't post links here, otherwise I would.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra I - A sample of radioactive material weighing 45 grams has a decay rate ...
- physics - Two capacitors, identical except for the dielectric material between ...
- Philosophy1 - Locke says, "nor is it at all material to say that this same and ...
- physics - thanks for the help earlier just got a question I'm taking AP Physics ...
- ENGLISH - You'll be alert, engrosed in the (14)material.And concentrated 100 ...
- social studies essay - Need help w/7 pg paper debating the pros and cons of year...
- algebra - I need help on multiplying and dividing functions. I've seen videos ...
- English - Can someone help me and write the answers to these tasks (especially ...
- Foreign languages - Writeacher, I started to questions with "Briefly outline", I...
- Physics - The specific heat capacity of a material is 1200 J/(kgįC). The ...