Posted by nadra on Friday, February 4, 2011 at 1:05pm.
a particle moves along a number line measured in cm so that its position at time t sec is given by s=72/(t+2) +k, k is a constant and t>=0 seconds.
(a) Find the instantaneous velocity of the particle at t=4 seconds
(b) Find the acceleration of the particle when t =4 seconds
(c) If we know the particle is at s=20 when t=4sec, use your answer from part( a) to approximate the position of the particle at t=4.5 sec.
- calculus - nadra, Friday, February 4, 2011 at 3:01pm
- calculus - nadra, Friday, February 4, 2011 at 3:02pm
i don't know the answer for partc.
- calculus - nadra, Friday, February 4, 2011 at 3:03pm
is answer a and b correct
- calculus - Reiny, Friday, February 4, 2011 at 3:39pm
a) and b) are correct
sub in the given values
20 = 72/6 + k
20 = 12 + k
k = 8
so now you know
s= 72/(t+2) + 8
when t = 4/5
s = 72/4.5 + 8 = 24
- calculus - MathMate, Friday, February 4, 2011 at 3:43pm
Part (a) is correct, and (b) is correct to 2 decimal places.
For part (c), you can make use of the approximation formula
f(t0+h)=f(t0)+h*f'(t0) approximately, and when h is relatively small.
Check by initial conditions:
substitute in s(t) to get
So approximation above is reasonably accurate.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - A particle moves along a line so that its posistion at any t is ...
- Calculus - The position of a particle moving on a horizontal line is given by s(...
- Calculus - A particle moves along a horizontal line so that at any time t its ...
- calculus - A particle moves along a number line such that its position s at any ...
- math - A particle moves along the x-axis so that at any time t, measured in ...
- calculus - Me again. One last question! Again, just needed my answer verified ...
- Calculus - The velocity of a particle moving along the x-axis is given by f(t)=6...
- calculus - Suppose that a particle moves along a line so that its velocity v at ...
- AP CALC. AB - 1.The position of a particle moving on the line y = 2 is given by ...
- Calculus - The displacement (in meters) of a particle moving in a straight line ...