posted by Leanna on .
So for each of the statements we have to write true or rewrite the part in Caps to make the sentence true. I'm only stuck on a couple.
1. On a position-time graph, the average velocity equals the run MULTIPLIED by the rise.
2. A child drops a ball. The instantaneous velocity of the ball as the child lets go is ZERO.
3. A child drops a ball. The instantaneous acceleration of the ball as the child lets go is ZERO.
4. A toy rocket is launched vertically upward. When the rocket reaches its highest point, its velocity is at ITS MAXIMUM.
I think 1 is divided, 2 is true, 3 is true or 9.80m/s^2, and I don't know about 4
4. is zero
1. It depends upon which variable is "the rise" (y axis) and which is "the run" (x axis).
Velocity is the change in position divided by the change in time.
The others are OK
Is 3 True? or is the answer 9.80?
For 3, your answer of 9.8 m/s^2 (not zero) is correct. The letter "g" or "acceleration of gravity" would also be correct