Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, February 3, 2011 at 8:27pm.
A worker stands still on a roof sloped at an angle of 23° above the horizontal. He is prevented from slipping by a static frictional force of 540 N. Find the mass of the worker.
physics - drwls, Thursday, February 3, 2011 at 8:32pm
m g sin 23 is the component of the worker's weight down the roof slope.
That equals the friction force 540 N
Solve M g sin23 = 540
to get the mass, M.
He's a pretty heavy guy, it seems.
physics - Anonymous, Saturday, June 16, 2012 at 2:03pm
physics - jeff, Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 9:43pm
physics - Jenna, Monday, October 26, 2015 at 10:55am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - A worker stands still on a roof sloped at an angle of 43° above the ...
- physics - worker stands still on a roof sloped at an angle of 30° above the ...
- physics - The roof on a house rises 1.50 m over a horizontal diestance of 3.50 m...
- physics - A 63.8 N crate is pulled up a 5.22 m inclined plane by a worker at ...
- physics - the roof on a house rises 1 .00 m over a horizontal distance of 3.5 m...
- Physics - *I really don't know how to get started. I have done lots of the ...
- Physics - A force F = 119 N acts at an angle α = 31◦ with respect to ...
- HELP PHYSICS!!!! - a worker pushes a 7kg shipping box along a roller track. ...
- Physics - A 100 lb block of ice slides down an incline 5.0 ft long and 3.0 ft ...
- science - a worker pushes a box with a horizontal force of 50 N over a level ...