Posted by Emily on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 8:46pm.
Ask a question using Qui, Qui a la, Quelle, Quand, etc.
1.Quand tu vas a la cafe?
2.Qui vas aller a lècole?
3.Quelle heure est-il?
Have I got all of them?
- French - MathMate, Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 11:11pm
"Un café" is a public place where people drink coffee. Correction of gender and spelling required ("au café")
The structure of the sentence does not look right (no inversion in a question). I'll pass and let Mme Sra look at this one.
"vas" is present tense second person singular. You need the third person "va".
Note the accent in "l'école".
Looks right to me.
- French - SraJMcGin, Thursday, February 3, 2011 at 12:54am
Word order for question = interrogative word/question word + verb + subject
Quand va-t-il aller à l'école?
OR your sentence:
Quand vas-tu au café?
Qui va aller à l'école?
How much have you studied writing questions? Here are 3 ways:
1. Va-t-elle comprendre?
2. Est-ce qu'elle va comprendre?
3. Elle va comprendre, non? (Or n'est-ce pas?)
2. est-ce que + straight word order
3. straight word order, followed by: non? or n'est-ce pas?
#3 is the easiest
#2 is the next easiest
#1 may be the hardest at first for students, but is the most common !
Please feel free to ask any question you might have.
Sra (aka Mme)
Answer this Question
- French - Get to know your partner better by asking and answering questions. ...
- French - 1.À quelle heure est-ce que tu dois arriver à l'école? 1.Je ...
- French - Could you check these thanks. Part 1: Directions: Ask questions in 2 ...
- French - I have a question on Qui est-ce? or Qu'est-ce que c'est? I have to ...
- FRENCH -another question - Difference between "qui est-ce qui" and "qui est-ce ...
- French - Can you check these. I'm not really sure how to do these so I need a ...
- French - Could you please check these thanks. Directions: Donnez des réponses ...
- French - Merci Mme!! Sorry but i have another half of my poem could you correct ...
- French help - I am failing French. Would someone look over my french homework ...
- French III - I am so confused! We have some paragraphs and we have to fill in ...