Posted by dawn on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 4:07pm.
Questions 13 are based on the following scenario:
Mrs. Carroll and her sister, Ms. Howard, plan to operate a small day care center in a remodeled building. They're licensed and staffed to handle up to 24 children. Ms. Howard doesn't plan to work at the center and hasn't incurred as many debts or responsibilities as Mrs. Carroll. She originally invested $8,000 in the business and Mrs. Carroll invested $24,000.
1. Mrs. Carroll and her sister want to keep their taxes low and keep Ms. Howard's liability to the amount of her original investment. Which type of business arrangement would be best for them?
A. Sole proprietorship
B. General partnership
C. Limited partnership
2. Mrs. Carroll and Ms. Howard decide to divide all profits and share all losses using a fixed ratio. If the ratio agreed upon is in proportion to their original investment, what would be Ms. Howard's share of a $60,000 end-of-year profit? (Hint: The original total investment was $32,000$8,000 from Ms. Howard and $24,000 from Mrs. Carroll. Ms. Howard's $8,000 is one-fourth, or 25 percent, of the total.)
3. What type of business tax form do Mrs. Carroll and Ms. Howard need to file 75 days after the close of the fiscal year?
A. Schedule C
B. Form 1065
C. Form 1120
D. Form 990
4. Carefully read the following paragraph:
Learning takes place during all the child's activities and interactions. The classroom is organized to give children opportunities to explore, discover, and grow in a warm, secure environment, with teachers prepared to guide and challenge. We recognize that all children are unique individuals who learn in different ways, at different times, and from each other as well as from adults.
This statement is an example of
B. a philosophy.
D. a goal.
5. You're hoping to receive federal funds for your child care center. According to Title XX of the Social Security Act, you must
A. meet standards of both local and state laws.
B. be accredited in the state in which you operate.
C. first operate your business for a prescribed number of years.
D. limit group size for children ages 014.
6. The licensing standard for the staff/child ratio in a classroom of three-year-olds is 1:10. You have 22 three-year-olds in your center. What is the minimum number of staff you need to meet the licensing standard?
Questions 79 are based on the survey results shown in the tally below.
7. What is the largest age group represented?
C. Ages three to five
D. School-age children
8. The survey tally shows a total of _______ working parents. (Hint: Be careful when calculating the number of working parents for families in which both parents work.)
9. According to DHHSDCR, how many groups of 36 year olds would you need if all the children in that age group were enrolled at your facility?
10. In a day care facility, items such as exit doors and heating appliances are inspected by the
A. zoning committee.
B. building and safety committee.
C. fire department.
D. sanitation department.
11. You've just completed the coursework necessary to receive a CDA credential. You're ready to apply for an assessment. You've decided you want to receive endorsement for infants and toddlers. In what environment would your assessment occur?
A. State-licensed day care center
B. Family day care home
C. Private home using a home visitor
D. Day care facility in a fitness center
12. Carolyn has been operating a licensed day care facility for three years. She's now considering applying for accreditation. Why would Carolyn want to do this?
A. Accreditation represents a level of performance above minimum standards required for licensing.
B. The accreditation remains in effect as long as she's operating the facility.
C. Accreditation is required after three years of operation.
D. Her facility would have programs superior to those of nonaccredited facilities.
13. You're attempting to teach Brian, a preschooler, how to arrange a group of five blocks from largest to smallest. First, you explain what you want him to do; then you do it yourself so he can see what he's supposed to do. As Brian attempts to arrange the blocks himself, you provide encouragement. When he's successful, you reward him with a star sticker. In this situation, you're using the _______ learning method.
14. Recently you've noticed that the supply of disposable diapers at your day care facility is being used faster than usual. You've had to place an order twice this month and you usually order only once each month. You suspect that a new employee may be taking diapers to use for her baby. Finally you see her taking some diapers home and she admits the theft. What type of insurance would cover your loss?
B. Workers' compensation
D. Fidelity bond
15. You're attempting to determine the usable floor space in your day care facility. Which one of the following areas can you include in your calculation?
A. Kitchen for all classrooms
B. Hallway in classroom area
C. Toy shelves in classroom A
D. Bathroom adjacent to classroom A
- childcare - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 4:12pm
Since you obviously intend to work in a childcare program, it's necessary for you to answer these questions.
- childcare - amanda, Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 6:14pm
1c 2b 3d 4c 5a 6c 7d 8b 9a 10c 11a 12a 13c 14b 15c
- childcare - MeSha Morgan, Monday, September 26, 2011 at 4:55pm
I just took this test and the person Above amada got some questions wrong the real answers are:
- childcare - HINA RIZVI, Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 10:08pm
1 C 2 B 3 B 4 B 5A 6 C 7D 8 C 9B 10 C 11 A 12 A 13 B 14 D 15 C
Answer this Question
child care - Mrs. Carroll and her sister want to keep their taxes low and keep ...
LOCAL STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS - Mrs. Carroll and Ms. Howard decide to divide...
child day care - . In the childcare field, the main purpose of a Quality Rating ...
PRACTICAL EXERCISE LOCAL STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS - 2. Mrs. Carroll and Ms. ...
cild care - Which one of the following statements about childcare centers is ...
childcare - write a letter to day care center supervisor requesting written ...
child development part 2 - which is not a reason why childcare providers need to...
child day care - Youve decided to operate a day care home. Which one of the ...
day care - simone works at a day care center in her town. in her position, she ...
child care - in preparing budget for a day care center, you must plan for taxes....