Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 11:22am.
Hello! I need help in identifying the elements of poetry in this poem. :O Please help..
Batik Maker by VIRGINIA MORENO
Tissue of no seam and skin
Of no scale she weaves this:
Dream of a huntsman pale
That in his antlered
And I cannot touch him.
Lengths of the dumb and widths
Of the deaf are his hair
Where wild orchids thumb
Or his parted throat surprise
To elegiac screaming
Only birds of
And I cannot wake him.
Shades of the light and shapes
Of the rain on his palanquin
Stain what phantom panther
Sleeps in the cage of
His skin and immobile
And I cannot bury him.
- Poetry - Writeacher, Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 11:31am
I see repetition -- lines 7, 15, and 22. This is an element of rhythm.
This poem has a clear rhythm to it in each stanza, and all three stanzas have a rhythm similar to the others.
I don't see any rhyme.
You should scan through these websites to see if you find literary elements:
(Broken Link Removed)
Look through Tone, Symbolism, Theme, Imagery, and Figurative Language
Let us know what else you discover.
- Poetry - Anonymous, Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 11:38am
The poem is about lifetime goals. well, that's what the author said in an interview..
does the poem use connotation, metaphor and symbolism?
- Poetry - Writeacher, Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 12:44pm
Probably. Are you crystal clear on what those are?
- Poetry - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 8:22pm
In case you are NOT clear on that literary terminology, try some of the following and save what you find most helpful:
- Poetry - ruel, Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 3:10am
what is the message of the poem?
Answer this Question
- poetry - can someone please give me good links where i can find poetry to read. ...
- Poetry - how to write poetry? I have a poem, but how do i get it on paper, typed...
- poetry - i have to write a poem on what i feel poetry is or how i feel about ...
- Poetry - What is an analysis of the poem A Dream Within A Dream by Edgar Allen ...
- poetry - How does the poem: "A dream within a dream" by: Edgar Allen Poe, ...
- poetry - "A Dream Deferred" What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up ...
- English 2 - Need help with this-- 'Now you're going to write a "wisdom" poem. ...
- Literature - what is one positive message in the poem "Poetry" by Marianne Moore...
- Poetry - “Sonnet 30” p. 960 Author: William Shakespeare. Type of Poem: Sonnet. ...
- poetry - what form of poetry is an immortality by ezra pound? and are there any ...