Posted by ben on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 11:18am.
Find the area of an equilateral triangle (regular 3-gon) with the given measurement.
A = sq. in.
math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 11:38am
Draw a straight line from the mid point of one side to the opposite vertex.
Use the Pythagorean Theorem to find the length of this line. Let b = this line (the height).
a^2 + b^2 = c^2
3^2 + b^2 = 6^2
9 + b^2 = 36
b^2 = 27
b = 5.2
Now use this formula to find the area of this triangle.
A = 1/2bh
math - Anonymous, Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 6:44pm
In en.wikipedia type:
You will find everything about equilateral triangle
geometry - daniel, Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 12:40am
What is the area of a equlateral triangle with the measurement of 6-inch side?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Find the area of an equilateral triangle (regular 3-gon) with the given ...
- geometry - Find the area of a regular hexagon with the given measurement. 4-inch...
- geometry - A triangle has a 56-degree angle, formed by a 10-inch side and an x-...
- Calculus - Consider a regular tetrahedron whose face is an equilateral triangle ...
- Physics - An equilateral triangle initially has side length equal to 17 cm. Each...
- Math - An equilateral triangle s divided into 4 congruent equilateral triangles...
- math - the area of an equilateral triangle is given by the expression s^2 x ...
- Math - Elijah draws shapes on his graph paper.He draws a square with sides 1/2 ...
- math - Elijah draws shapes on his graph paper.He draws a square with sides 1/2 ...
- math - Determine if the given regular figures form semi regular tessellation. ...