Posted by Anonymous on Monday, January 31, 2011 at 9:21pm.
Why is studying French important?
Why do we study French in Canada?
Studying French is important because it's one of the offical languages of Canada, and so it brings in a lot of good job oppurtunities with it. It is also good for travel, its an advantage for your career, and its a really useful skill.
I dont know about the second one?
- French - MathMate, Monday, January 31, 2011 at 10:15pm
French is one of the two official languages of Canada.
The Official Languages Act ((Broken Link Removed) has three objectives, one of which is to:
"advance the equal status and use of English and French".
So studying French throughout the country (and English in the provinces where French is dominant) will help achieve this objective.
All the advantages in the answer to question 1 still apply.
You will also find other relevant information in the link above.
- French - Anonymous, Monday, January 31, 2011 at 10:22pm
I cant open the link for some reason...it says page not found...
- French - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 31, 2011 at 10:25pm
Try this link.
- French - MathMate, Monday, January 31, 2011 at 10:26pm
Try this again:
- French - SraJMcGin, Monday, January 31, 2011 at 10:39pm
If I may interject something! Many of my students spoke Korean at home, English in their other classes and I got them for either French or Spanish. Here is what happens:
learn how to develop a dual track (one native language and learning one new one) and THEN there is no stopping you! You can add a 3rd much more easily, then a forth - no stopping you! May I say I speak from experience having studied 19 languages and wrking on my 20th = but no time!
Another "truth" is: you don't USE it, you LOSE it, and I've lost most of mine now! :)
Sra, (aka Mme)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- French-Please Help - Why is studying French important? Why do we study French in...
- Math - Lee has two tests to study for: Chemistry and French. She plans to study ...
- Social Studies Homework (About USA And Canada) - I need help with one question ...
- French sites: Pauline - Chapter 2! Some sites for you to visit: 1. French Pen ...
- Statistics/probability - Of 120 students, 60 are studying French, 50 are ...
- french - can you tell me which words are feminine or masculine radiateur miroir ...
- French - Name some jobs that use French. Where knowing French is important? Some...
- French - Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. "Tout le monde le ...
- French - Hey I was in french immersion last year, but now I'm not cuz I moved, ...
- math - There are a total of 107 foreign language students in a high school ...