Posted by donovan on Monday, January 31, 2011 at 12:33pm.
A bit confused with this one: Is the argument correct? if not explain why it's not and change the minor premise to make it correct:
All NBA basketball players are over 5ft. tall
Russell is 6ft tall
Therefore, Russell plays in the NBA
math-premises - donovan, Monday, January 31, 2011 at 12:36pm
I meant to add my thoughts: I think it is incorrect because of an inverse problem. To make it correct I would write it as:
All NBA basketball players are over 5ft tall
Russell is an NBA player
Therefore, Russell is over 6ft tall.
math-premises - MathMate, Monday, January 31, 2011 at 5:36pm
The first post has made a wrong conclusion. (p->q and q->p are different propositinos)
The second conclusion is correct.
math-premises - donovan, Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 11:47am
math-premises - MathMate, Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 5:16pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Determine whether the following argument is correct. If it's not correct...
- math - Determine whether the following argument is correct. If it’s not correct...
- English - Anyone who has read About Rusell During the greatest kickball game ...
- english/check - "About Russell" 28. Russell’s family encourages him to seek help...
- critical thinking - is this an example of an invalid argument All crows are ...
- Philosophy - Each of the underlined premises can be taken as an unacceptable ...
- Math - 5. What is the contrapositive of the following conditional: "If a student...
- Geometry... Please help soon! - Write four arguments that meet the following ...
- Federal Taxation - In 2005 Russell acquired and interest iin a partnership in ...
- Math - Number Sense Fabio said that there are 3 times as many people on a ...