Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 12:49am.
Given that sin x = - ã2/2 and that cos x is negative, find the other functions of x and the value of x.
can you explain how this problem can be solved please.
- trig - helper, Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 1:16am
Do you mean -(sqrt(2))/2 ?
- trig - Anonymous, Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 1:39am
okay i know that this is in the 3rd quadrant with reference angle 45
so i understand the first part but what i don't get is how i can find the value can you please explain.
- trig - Damon, Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 1:48am
sides of triangle are sqrt 2, sqrt 2 , 2 so
cos x also = -sqrt 2 / 2
tan = sin / cos
sec = 1/cos
csc = 1/sin
ctn = 1/tan
- trig - Anonymous, Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 1:55am
sin = -sqrt 2 / 2
cos = -sqrt 2 / 2
tan = 1
cot = 1
sec = -sqrt 2
csc = -sqrt 2
is that right ?
okay now how can i find the value?
- trig - Damon, Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 2:00am
yes. Sqrt 2 is approximately 1.41
- trig - Damon, Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 2:02am
x = 180 + 45 in degrees
= (1 1/4) pi in radians
- trig - Anonymous, Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 2:05am
thanks for your time but they are also asking for the value of x which i think they mean the value of x in degrees ??
- trig - Anonymous, Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 2:08am
- trig - helper, Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 1:24pm
x = 225 degrees
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- TRIG! - Posted by hayden on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 4:05pm. sin^6 x + cos^6...
- Please help me with trig. - One more problem.. Given sin t= 3/11 and cos t<0...
- trig - The expression 4 sin x cos x is equivalent to which of the following? (...
- Trigonometry - Use the trig Identities to find the other 5 trig functions. ...
- Precal - I do not understand how to do this problem ((sin^3 A + cos^3 A)/(sin A...
- Trig - Given: cos u = 3/5; 0 < u < pi/2 cos v = 5/13; 3pi/2 < v < ...
- Trig - Given: sin x = 4/5, 0 < x < ?/2 sin y = 5/13, ?/2 < y < ? ...
- Trig - Find sin(s+t) and (s-t) if cos(s)= 1/5 and sin(t) = 3/5 and s and t are ...
- trig - If cos(t)=(-7/8) where pi<t<(3pi/2), find the values of the ...
- Calculus - Use a trig identity to combine two functions into one so you can ...