Posted by robbie on Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 9:15pm.
can someone help in finding the ordered pair for this equation.
mat/116 - Henry, Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 9:30pm
7X - 9Y = 63
-7X + 9Y = -63
m1 = -A/B = -7 / -9 = 7/9.
m2 = 7/9.
m1 = m2 = 7/9.
Threfore, the lines are parallel and
has no solution. Solve the Eqs and
you'll get 0 = 0.
mat/116 - MathMate, Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 10:02pm
Put it in another way, the lines are coincident and parallel, so they are consistent and we have an infinite number of solutions (at every point where the two lines overlap).
Let t be any real number equal to X, then
mat/116 - Henry, Monday, January 31, 2011 at 12:30pm
So if we multiply the 2nd Eq by -1, we'll notice that the 2 Eqs are exactly identicak.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Mat/116 Algebra - Hello I'm having some difficulities learning about the ...
- Algebra - Please check my answer. Solve the system of linear equalities ...
- Math - 1. Is the equation true, false, or open? 4y 8 = 6y + 3 2. Which value is ...
- Order Pairs Math - Which ordered pair is a solution of the equation y = x – 3...
- Algebra 2 - Evaluate the function when x=1. f(x)=4x-2. Write the input and ...
- Math help - 1. Which value is a solution of the equation 5 - 4x = -3 0 2 -3 1/4 ...
- Math 116 - Solve by elimination. 3x-6y=4 and 3x-6y=5. Type as an ordered pair.
- mat/116 - can someone help me in determining wether these numbers are a ...
- honors algebra 1 - 3. Which ordered pair is a solution of the equation y=x-4? a...
- math need asap - 7r-4s=-7 (7) 4r+7s=61 (4) 49r - 28s = -49 16r + 28s = 244...