Posted by Luis on Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 6:12pm.
2.-The longest one-word name of any place in America is Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchubunagungamaugg.This name for a lake near webster, Massachusetts, is 45 letters long. It is a Native American name that means "You fish on you side, I'll fish on mine, and no one fishes in the middle." Use this word to answer the problems below.
a.- What fraction of the word is made up of the letter g?---------=---------
b.- What fraction of the word is made up of the letter a?---------=----------
c.- What fraction of the word is made up of the letter c?---------=---------
3.-In the space above, write the decimal equivalents for the fraction in Problem 2.
- math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 6:16pm
a. I count 13 g's.
13/45 = 0.288888
What answers to do you get for the other letters?
- math - Luis, Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 2:46pm
b.I count 9 a's
c. I count 3 c's
- math - Nancy, Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 9:39pm
- math - Julio, Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 3:45pm
1/3 - 1/4
= 4/12 - 3/12
- math - Julio, Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 3:46pm
is 1/3 - 1/4 mixed numbers
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geography - Will you please check my answers? 1. The largest lake in the world ...
- math - ASAP ASAP if my name is Frances 1.What fraction of the letters in my name...
- Bio - What is an advantage of using an organism's scientific name rather then ...
- Riddle - Looking for a word that fits this riddle: Look near a lively game; ...
- programming - write a c program that accepts a name as first name last name but ...
- geography - 1. Is it farther to go from Venezuela to Bolivia or Venezuela to ...
- english - i am learning english at the moment Six hundred years ago, Sir John ...
- Chemistry - IUPAC name for Dibenzalacetone: The molecule is symmetric with 2 ...
- English - After having studied all the sites suggested by Sra and Writeacher, I ...
- Chemistry - nomenclature - IUPAC name for Dibenzalacetone: The molecule is ...