Posted by Luis on Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 6:12pm.
2.-The longest one-word name of any place in America is Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchubunagungamaugg.This name for a lake near webster, Massachusetts, is 45 letters long. It is a Native American name that means "You fish on you side, I'll fish on mine, and no one fishes in the middle." Use this word to answer the problems below.
a.- What fraction of the word is made up of the letter g?---------=---------
b.- What fraction of the word is made up of the letter a?---------=----------
c.- What fraction of the word is made up of the letter c?---------=---------
3.-In the space above, write the decimal equivalents for the fraction in Problem 2.
math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 6:16pm
a. I count 13 g's.
13/45 = 0.288888
What answers to do you get for the other letters?
math - Luis, Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 2:46pm
b.I count 9 a's
c. I count 3 c's
math - Nancy, Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 9:39pm
math - Julio, Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 3:45pm
1/3 - 1/4
= 4/12 - 3/12
math - Julio, Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 3:46pm
is 1/3 - 1/4 mixed numbers
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geography - Will you please check my answers? 1. The largest lake in the world ...
- algebra1 - Melissa wants to figure out how many fish live in a small lake by her...
- Math help plz - To determine the number of fish in a lake , a conservationist ...
- Math - As part of a conservation effort for a lake, 70 fish were caught, tagged...
- math - ASAP ASAP if my name is Frances 1.What fraction of the letters in my name...
- algebra - As part of a conservation effort for a lake, 70 fish were caught, ...
- Bio - What is an advantage of using an organism's scientific name rather then ...
- Algebra... - Jim, Kim, Mim, and Tim all went fishing. They each caught ine fish...
- Math - : Jim Kim Mim and Tim all went fishing. They each caught one fish. They ...
- MAth - A biologist wants to estimate the number of fish living in a lake. She ...