Posted by lee on Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 11:50pm.
concert tickets are for sale online. there is a handline fee of $3.50 added to the cost of every tickets. if you uy 7 tickets and the total comes to $385 what is the cost of one ticket before the handling fee is added?
the answer is $51.50 but i got 51 i dun know why i solve it like this (below)
54.5-3.50 = i got 51
- math 9 helppp - helper, Friday, January 28, 2011 at 12:32am
The equation is
7x = 385 - 7(3.50)
7x = 385 - 24.50
7x = 360.50
x = 51.5
EACH ticket has a 3.50 service fee
- math 9 helppp - lee, Friday, January 28, 2011 at 12:38am
how about this equation? is this right??
- math 9 helppp - helper, Friday, January 28, 2011 at 1:31am
Well, you arrived at the same answer, but the equation is not correct for the problem.
Your equation doesn't make sense.
Where did you get 380?
380/7 = 54.29 not 55, even rounded it would be 54 or 54.30 not 55.
And, it is 3.50 fee/ticket.
You can't randomly subtract 3.50 from your total just to arrive at the correct answer.
What's wrong with doing the equation the correct way?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Tickets to a concert are available online for $25 plus a one time ...
- math - the students are selling tickets to the school fair. all tickets cost the...
- Math - Exactly 120 tickets were sold for a concert. The tickets cost $12 each ...
- math - for a class trip a teacher brought 25 students tickets and 5 adult ...
- math - Mr. Jenkins is going to buy museum tickets for a class trip. The museum ...
- math/algebra - Mr. Jenkins is going to buy museum tickets for a class trip. The ...
- asc - Miguel is selling tickets to a barbecue. Adult tickets cost 6.00 and ...
- math - the equation y=12x+5 shows the total cost for ordering tickets on the ...
- MATH - The equation y=12x+2 shows the total cost for ordering tickets on the ...
- math - a school's chorus bought 30 tickets to a play. total cost of tickets $98...