Posted by Kelsey on Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 10:11pm.
The reaction of fluorine with ammonia produces dinitrogen tetrafluoride and hydrogen fluoride.
5 F2(g) + 2 NH3(g) N2F4(g) + 6 HF(g)
(a) If you have 73.7 g NH3, how many grams of F2 are required for complete reaction?
b) How many grams of NH3, are required to produce 5.25 g HF?
(c) How many grams of N2F4 can be produced from 269 g F2?
Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 10:12pm
These are three separate stoichiometry problems. Here is a sample stoichiometry problem (solved example). Just follow the steps.
Chemistry - Katie, Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 10:28pm
I did follow those steps and they didn't work for the first problem.
Chemistry - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 10:39pm
Kelsey/Katie -- please do not switch screen names -- especially on the same post!
Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 10:53pm
Do you have the answer? If so I shall try it and see what I obtain. Post your work and I'll look for the error.
Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 10:58pm
I worked it VERY fast with approximate molar masses and came up with an answer close to 412 grams F2 required.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - The reaction of flourine with ammonia produces dinitrogen ...
- chemistry - The reaction of fluorine with ammonia produces dinitrogen tetra ...
- Chemistry - 1. The reaction of fluorine with ammonia produces dinitrogen ...
- Chemisty - Fluorine gas can react with ammonia gas to produce dinitrogen ...
- Chemistry - 5F2(g) + 2NH3(g) ==> N2F4(g) + 6HF(g) a)If you have 66.6 g NH3, ...
- Chemistry - what do limiting reagents have to do with... 5F2(g) + 2NH3(g) ==>...
- chemistry - Nitrogen (N2) and hydrogen (H2) react to form ammonia (NH3). ...
- Chemistry - Virtually all the nitric acid manufactured commercially is obtained ...
- Chemistry - Based on the following balanced equation: 2 NH3 + 2 O2 -->N2O + 3...
- Chemistry - Determine the number of grams of NH3 produced by the reaction of 3....