Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 7:34pm.
Bobpursely would you mind looking at my physics post. Just provide me with the formulas.
Bobpursely - helper, Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 7:41pm
FYI-Many questions are under the name "Anonymous".
If you expect a particular tutor to help you, you need to be more specific.
helper - Anonymous, Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 7:45pm
A 5kg bullet fired from a gun at 725m/s becomes embedded in a .50kg block of wood that is free to move along a surface and the coefficient of friction .355 between the surface and block of wood. find the distance it slides acroos the table.
Bobpursely - drwls, Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 7:55pm
Use conservation of momentum to get the initial velocity of the block with imbedded bullet.
Then set the initial kinetic energy of block & bullet equal to the work done against friction, and solve for trhe sliding distance.
Check to make sure the bullet weight is really 5 kg. That is more like a cannonball. I suspect it is really 5 g.
Bobpursely - helper, Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 7:59pm
Thank you, drwls!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- PHYSICS~Bobpursely - Bobpursely can I please receive help from you. My posts are...
- math-bobpursely - Sorry bobpursely, but may I know what the E stands for in your...
- To bobpursely - It is a T.V quiz program. Please answer
- bobpursely - I am so confused on this I read the site you sent me is it genotype
- Math (bobpursely) - Given that a*b = ab-b/a Evalute 1)-3+-4*8 is it 32-8/4=6? 2)...
- Algebra 2 URGENT - Solve. Square root of 3x+4=x BobPursely can you please show ...
- repost - bobpursely, I posted at 709 from our previous dialogue, can you please ...
- bobpursely - Was conflict over the red river settlement inevitable? Wat? Yes it ...
- Just a message(please read) - First of all I would like to thank everyone for ...
- math - My values are: 0.075 0.025 0.1 0.075 0.1 0.125 0.05 0.125 0.025 0.15 0....