Posted by j. on Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 9:08am.
trig - drwls, Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 10:24am
Combine similar terms. For example, the two "x^2" terms combine to give
3x^2 -5x^2 = -2x^2
You can also combine the two 'x' terms, to get one 'x' term and the two constants also.
Don't forget that the "-" in front of
(5x^2+7x-7) changes the sign of every term inside the parentheses, before you combine similar terms.
You should end up with
-2x^2 -12x +11
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- trig 26 - simplify to a constant or trig func. 1. sec ²u-tan ²u/cos ²v+sin ²v ...
- trig - simplify to a constant or basic trig function.. 1+tan(x)/1+cot(x)
- Algebra II/Trig - Simplify: 1/5(-5a^2b^3)^2(abc)^4 How do you simplify this. How...
- trig - combine fractions and simplify to a multiple of a power of a basic trig. ...
- trig - 2sin(4x)[(cos(3/2)x)(cos(5x/2)-sin((15/4)x)]+x can someone simplify this ...
- Math trig - Hello guys. I am just wondering if tan^2 A (tan squared A) = sin^2 A...
- trig - simplify (1-sec^2(è)/(tan^2(è)
- trig - simplify cox^2x-cos^4x
- trig - Evaluate and simplify tan 5π/12.
- trig - simplify the expression. cot^2(x)-csc^2(-x)