Posted by kamal on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 4:47pm.
fifteen out of 25 students in Mrs. Smith's class are boys. what is the ratio of boys to girls?
i put 1 to 6. is that right?
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 4:50pm
25 - 15 = 10
15/10 = 3 to 2
math - Jen, Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 4:51pm
There are 15 boys. Out of 25 students, that means there are 10 girls. Reduce 15/10 for your answer.
math - raluca, Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 4:57pm
15/25= 25-15= 10 girls
15/25= 25-10= 15 boys
10 divided by 5 = 2
15 divided by 5 = 3
the answer is 2:3
math - Jen, Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 4:59pm
No, Raluca, it's 3:2.
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 5:00pm
The problem states that there are more boys to girls. The student is to find the ratio of BOYS to GIRLS.
Raluca got it backwards. There are 3 boys for every 2 girls.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 1350 - Mrs. Smith's classroom can hold at the most 30 students. Her first ...
- Math - Mrs.Smith's class has 12 girls and 8 boys. What percent of he class are ...
- math - This table shows the numbers of students in different classes that are in...
- Math - can you please help me work on this problem? I have a few and I want to ...
- math - There are 27 students in Mrs. Reeds class. The number of boys and number ...
- math - Math word problem: There are 25 students in Mrs. Roberts 3rd grade class...
- Math - Which table correctly fills in the ratio table below? Boys 3 6 ___ 21 ...
- 3rd Grade Math - There are 25 students in Mrs. Roberts 3rd grade class. There ...
- math - A class of 25 students has 10 boys. Three boys have braces and 4 girls ...
- Math HELP! - A class has 27 students. Fifteen are boys and the rest are girls. ...