Posted by Melanie on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 4:42pm.
For the equation y = -6x, what is the slope and y intercept? The formula is y = mx + B. I know that m = the slope and B = the y intercept. So in the equation y = -6x, what is the slope and y intercept? Is -6 the y intercept or the slope? Because if it's the slope, How am I suppose to figure out what the y intercept is? I have to make a graph too... Please help! I'm so confused !
Preferably someone who's good at Math and know's what there doing. Thank you :)
Math - Melanie, Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 4:53pm
Please... someone help! :(
Math - helper, Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 5:29pm
y = -6x
Slope m = -6
There is no y-intercept.
Pick points to graph.
y = -6x
x = 0, y = 0
x = 1, y = -6
x = -1, y = 6
x = 2, y = -12
x = -2, y = 12
If you graph this, you will see a line through the origin.
This line does not intersect the y-axis.
Therefore, there is no y-intercept.
If you graph, I think you will see why there is no y-intercept.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - For the equation y = -6x, what is the slope and y intercept? The formula ...
- Algerba - Find slope and y-intercept of following equation y=-3 x -2 knowing the...
- Pre-Calculus - help please Identify the slope and intercept of the following ...
- algebra - What is the slope and y-intercept of the line represented by the ...
- Algebra 2 - Can someone help me with this equation please? The directions are: ...
- Algebra - I have an assignment that asks me to write an equation in slope-...
- My Daughter Stacy needs help in math plz help! - You have to find the x and y ...
- ALgebra 1 - 4. Write the equation of a line whose slope is 6 and whose y ...
- math-slope and y intercept - find the two ordered pairs of this equation. y=5/3x...
- math - How do you solve this problem? Find the slope-intercept equation of the ...