Posted by Krys on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 11:16pm.
I am confused about how to claculate half lives. Can you explain. ( How much of a 400 gm sample od gold is left after 10.8 days if the half life is 2.7)
Science Half Lives - DrBob222, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 11:21pm
k = 0.693/t1/2
You don't have any units for the half life of 2.7 WHAT? Make sure unit for this agrees with unit below (in days).
Substitute k into the equation below.
ln(No/N) = kt
No = what you start with--400 g
solve for N, the number left after time t.
k from above.
t = time = 10.8 days.
Science Half Lives - Krys, Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 12:48am
2.7 days.. so the answer is 25 g ?
Science Half Lives - kiri, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 12:05pm
Science Half Lives - Amber, Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 12:58am
I don't know the answer to your question, but can some one help me with mine?
Question: After six half-lives, what percentage of a radioactive sample will remain?
Please help me!, Thank you.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - K-42 has a half-life of 12.4 hours. If you begin with 250g of K-42, ...
- half-life - 1. The half-life of a first-order reaction is 9.89 minutes. How many...
- Chemistry - Which radioactive sample would contain the greatest remaining mass ...
- Gen Chem - Neptunium-239 has a half-life of 2.35 days. How many days must elapse...
- physics - If half life of iodine 131 is 8 days, how much from 32g remain after ...
- Science math - Suppose a laboratory has a 38 g sample of polonium-210. The half-...
- chemistry - If there are 80 milligrams of a radioactive element decays to 10 ...
- science - Suppose a laboratory has a 31 g sample of polonium-210. The half-life ...
- Physcis 30 - Q1) If there are 100 radioactive atoms with a half-life of 30 ...
- Chemistry - How many half-lives have passed if 87.5% of a substance has ...