Posted by Ronaldo on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 10:27pm.
Boston is 200 mi away from NY. It takes me 1 hour less to drive to Boston when I drive 10 mi faster than my normal rate. What is my normal rate?
Math - helper, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 10:37pm
Please see your 1st post for an answer.
And, please don't repost a question without first checking to see if your original post was answered.
Please have patience. The tutors volunteer their time to help you.
Sometimes it takes awhile for a post to be answered. You have posted this same question 3 times on this page alone.
Math - Ronaldo, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 10:40pm
Math - helper, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 10:49pm
Thank you. :)
Math - Ronaldo, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 10:54pm
can u also solve it as 200/x -1 = 200/x+10? I got 40 mi/hr
Math - helper, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 11:08pm
How did you get 40 from that?
Do you mean
200/(x - 1) = 200/(x + 10)
200(x + 10) = 200(x - 1)
200x + 2000 = 200x - 200
NO solution to this
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Boston is 200 mi away from NY. It takes me 1 hour less to drive to Boston...
- Trig - Boston is 200 mi away from NY. It takes me 1 hour less to drive to Boston...
- math question - Problem A businessman drives from Washington, D.C. to Boston, a ...
- math word problem - Here's the latest from the UMW math department: Andy drove ...
- Math - Please review. Ella can drive 65 mi on side roads in the same time that ...
- distance - At 9AM, a freight train leaves Boston for NYC, traveling at an ...
- Math - Gabby travels from Baltimore to Boston each year. It takes him 10 hours ...
- Algebra - I don't have a close about this question !!!!!!!! It takes you 3 hours...
- algebra - During rush hour, Bill can drive 60 miles using the side roads in the ...
- Calculas HS - the Museum of Science in Boston displays a running total of the U....