Posted by Reed on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 9:29pm.
How many square inches are needed to cover a square foot? My Dad and I don't see eye to eye on this one--- My Dad says 144 I say the answer is 12 inches squared. Who is correct??
math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 9:43pm
Your Dad is correct. It's 144 square inches. To cover a square foot you need 144 squares, each measuring 1 inch x 1 inch.
Your answer is just one step in arriving at the correct answer.
math - helper, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 9:47pm
1 square inches = 0.00694444 square feet
12 sq inches = 0.08333 sq ft
1 square ft = 144 sq inches
12 inches squared = 144 sq inches
you are both right
math - Bosnian, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 9:48pm
1 foot=12 in
(1 foot)^2 =(12 in)^2
1square foot = 144square inchs
math - Anonymous, Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 5:09pm
do not have a answer
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - How do you get square feet from inches? Ex: a room measures 179 inches by...
- Math - Can you help me? 360 in^ = _____ ft^ ( ^ means 2 ) So which would the ...
- math - how many square inches are in a square foot A square foot has 12 inches ...
- Math - How many square inches of wrapping paper are needed to entirely cover a ...
- Math - A right circular cylindrical can is 6 inches high , and the area of its ...
- Math - One side of a square is 10 inches long. How many 1 square inch tiles are ...
- MATH HELP - The side of a square is Three raised to the five halves power inches...
- math - A flying disc has a radius of 6 inches. What is the area of one side of ...
- 3 grade math ms sue - 1- IS THE AREA OF A PAPERBACK BOOK COVER CLOSER TO 28 ...
- Per Calculus - An apple pie has a 12 inch diameter and the angle of one slice is...