Posted by pat on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 12:07am.
How is a privilege different from a right?
please! wxplain words to me so, i can have a better understaning on it.
5th grade health class - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 10:47am
The rights to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" are enshrined in the U.S. Declaration of Independence.
Although the terms "right" and "privilege" are easy to define, differences of opinion still remain as to whether something should be considered a right or a privilege. Additionally, rights and privileges are sometimes in conflict.
1. The Free Dictionary.com defines a right as "something that is due to a person or governmental body by law, tradition, or nature." The pursuit of happiness, for example, is a right defined by human nature.
2. According to The Free Dictionary.com, a privilege is "a special benefit, exemption from a duty, or immunity from penalty, given to a particular person, a group or a class of people."
The above is taken from: eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5798127_difference-between-right-privilege.html#ixzz1C3vwjaPh
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 7th grade language arts Ms. Sue - 1. If the following sentence was rewritten to ...
- Social Studies - Education is a privilege grantes to some, not a right granted ...
- health - what do you teach for 5th grade Health class?
- 5th math - what is the least common multiple (LCM)for 15 and 45? There are 16 ...
- health - do you know why we have to leatrn "the stuff" in 5th grade health
- Math - How can you order three whole numbers with different numbers of digits ...
- 5th Grade Math - I just wanted to Thank you Ms. Sue for the help my son is in ...
- U.S history - What was the main constitutional issue regarding Bush's claims to ...
- Grades - If I have an 82 in a class right now and a test is 50% of my grade but ...
- Health - in class, we have to do a presentation on something health related . do...