Posted by Anonymous on .
Describe the social responsibilities that the business has as an organization. Include information on how these social responsibilities are addressed by technology and relate to individuals in the organization. Identify the ethical issues for the organization and individuals along with the effect that current or emerging technology has on these issues. Describe how the human resources function uses or might use technology in supporting the organization and individuals in meeting social and ethical responsibilities. Include policies that exist or might exist for this support. Give specific examples in areas such as the following:
• Ownership of intellectual output, privacy of personal information and internal organizational communications, accuracy and quality of information, access to information, flow and content of information, and obligations of organizations created by the use of information
• Electronic publishing (e.g., company newsletters), television and video (e.g., corporate advertisements to families and friends), audio teleconferencing (e.g., audio, video, computer, desktop for personnel orientation), interactive multimedia (e.g., computer-based training for employee skills upgrade), simulation and virtual reality (e.g., use of virtual reality for high-risk situation simulations for the training of healthcare, law enforcement, military, and emergency services personnel), authoring aids (e.g., policy and procedures templates, online surveys, keyword searches for resume generation), and electronic performance support systems (e.g., employee evaluation input, sales quota productivity)
Identify issues that organizations face when trying to expand globally as a result of opportunities afforded by new technology. Include information on how the internet is used and viewed by consumers in other countries. Explain how a company may have to adjust its operations and procedures when doing business in other countries. Give specific examples in areas such as the following:
• How the internet policies of some countries may affect a company’s ability to expand globally
• Effects of cultural and language differences on a company’s business operations procedures when expanding globally
• Technology issues that may arise as a result of trying to expand a business globally
Please understand that no one here will do your work for you. However, we will be happy to read over whatever you come up with and make suggestions and/or corrections.
Please post what you think.