Posted by ▓▓▓▓Chris ▓▓▓▓ on Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 8:12pm.
Hello, I need help doing a 16 box Punnett Square on this problem:
Tongue rolling (rolling the tongue into a “taco”shape) is dominant over not having the ability to roll the tongue (R and r- respectively). Having free earlobes is dominant to attached (F and f respectively). A man has free hanging earlobes and can roll his tongue; however his mom and wife have attached earlobes and cannot roll their tongues. List the types of children can produce and the possible proportions of the different types.
- Biology DUE TOMORROW - MathMate, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 9:29pm
Since R and F are dominant, so the mom and the wife must have both recessive genes, namely rr and ff.
Similarly, since the mom has rr and ff, the man must have at least one r and one f. Since he rolls his tongue and has free hanging earlobes, his genes must be heterozygous, namely Rr and Ff.
The offsprings will inherit one allele from each parent, leading to the following results:
Parents Rm+Fn rr+ff (m=R or r, n=F or f)
-> Man Rr+Ff
Rr - 50%/rr - 50%
Ff - 50%/ff - 50%
Check my calculations. It's been a while since I last did those.
- Biology - Chris , Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 9:35pm
Thank you so much! I will check with my teacher tomorrow. That's what i though it would be but wasn't sure. Thanks again!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Science - 7th grade - Can you check the following: 1. Draw a Punnett Square to ...
- biology - The ability to roll the tongue (R) is determined by a dominant gene ...
- science - In humans, being a tongue roller (R) is dominant over non-roller (r). ...
- Biology - The ability to roll the tongue (R) is determined by a dominant gene ...
- science - my paper says give an example of a person that has two different genes...
- College General Biology - A man who is a non-tongue roller (t) marries a woman ...
- GENETIC HYPOTHESIS - AIM:TO DETERMINE THE NUMBER OF GR.10-12 THAT CAN ROLL THEIR...
- physics - A salamander of the genus Hydromantes captures prey by launching its ...
- Physics - freezing tongue - I have read through my chapter and still don't ...
- chemistry - Tongue touches a pipe . Calculate final temperature of the tongue. ...