Posted by So lost on Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 6:54pm.
after diving 93m below sea level, a diver rises at a rate of 6 meters per minute for 8 minutes. where is the diver in relation to the surface?
i can't figure this one out
72 + 93= 165
but this still doesn't look right at all!!!!!!!!
- algebra - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 7:02pm
Nope, it isn't right.
To begin, 6 times 8 = 42
Visualize the diver going down 93 meters.
Then he comes back up 42 meters.
You can't add these together. What do you think you should do with these numbers?
- algebra - So lost, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 7:07pm
I would subtract 93-42= 50
- algebra - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 7:17pm
Oops -- neither one of us checked MY math. I had a typo in my multiplication.
6 * 8 = 48
93 - 48 = 45 meters below the surface
- algebra - So lost, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 7:58pm
lol I came back just now to type about that.
also this problem has me lost
rewrite the division as a multiplication
and it states not to simplify write it as a fraction?
I have no clue but I tried this 1 1/22?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Mathematics - After diving 92m below the sea level, the diver rises at a rate of...
- math am i correct (28) - after diving 90 m below the sea level a diver rises at ...
- algerbra 116 - After diving 88m below sea level,a driver rises at a rate of 6 ...
- Algebra - A deep-sea explorers ship is pulling up a diver at the rate of 25 feet...
- algebra - a diver dove 94 meters and rose 2 meters every minute for 8 minutes. ...
- math - A deep-sea diver descends below the surface of the water at a rate of 60 ...
- math - a diver dives to 84m. If the diver rises 5 meters per min for 10 min. ...
- math - ascuba diver is 180 ft below sea level and rises to the vsurface at a ...
- math - A diver descended at a constant rate of 12.24 feet every 3 minutes. Which...
- math - A scuba diver dove from the surface of the ocean to an elevation of -79 9...