Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 5:55pm.
Can you help me fix this sentence, i can't word it correctly
This era was struck with poverty, ...etc
How can i write that there was poverty in this era..
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 5:57pm
There's poverty in every era. Please be more specific.
English - Anonymous, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 6:07pm
This era was struck with poverty, living in huts supplied by the lord with low income.
Struck with poverty <-does that sound wrong?
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 6:11pm
Those are both wrong.
"Struck with poverty" is not correct. In addition you have a classic misplaced modifier. Certainly the lord didn't have a low income! Also the era didn't live in huts.
The majority of people lived in poverty.
English - Anonymous, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 6:18pm
Oh ok i understand where i went wrong.
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 6:36pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - Geologists have divided the history of the earth into four different ...
- socials - how poverty defined in canada? person living in poverty in canada have...
- geography - During which time period is the Bourbon Triumvirate associated? A. ...
- spanish - Eugenio is talking about what he used to do when he was a child. Write...
- English 4 help - In this course,you studied literary works from the romantic ...
- english - please help me tell which of the following would be better as a thesis...
- Economics - My teacher give an investigation. Topic is easay of poverty include ...
- English - Which Sentence sounds better: (Also pick one word in the parenthesis ...
- english - Do I need a comma after poverty? If not does the sentence sound good? ...
- english - Please help me with my thesis. i have to write a thesis statement in ...