Posted by Skye on Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 3:28pm.
The diameter of a car tire is approximately 0.6meters. The warranty is good for 70,000 km. About how many revolutions will the tire make before the warranty is up? More than a million? a billion?
----------------------- my work
so 1.884 divided by 1000 = 0.001884 km?
So more than a billion revolutions? Is this correct?
- Geometry check my answer? - Damon, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 3:34pm
70,000 = 7*10^4 km *10^3 m/km = 7*10^7 meters
7*10^7 meters/1.884 meters/rev = 3.72*10^7 rev
37 million and 200 thousand
- Geometry check my answer? - Skye, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 4:18pm
What does ^ mean?
- Geometry check my answer? - Damon, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 4:27pm
^ means exponent
2^2 = 2 to the 2 power or squared
2^3 = 8
2^4 = 16 etc
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - The warranty on a new tire says that an automobile can travel for a ...
- statistic - one of the major U.S. tire makers wishes to review its warranty for ...
- statistics - one of the major U.S. tire makers wishes to review its warranty for...
- physics - Tires on a car have a diameter of 2 ft and are warranted for 60 000 ...
- Behavioral Statistics - I need someone to explain HOW to do this..I don't want ...
- geometry - a monster truck's is 8 ft in diameter. during the last event, the ...
- statistics - The Sledge Tire and Rubber Company plans to warranty its new ...
- physics - An automobile tire is rated to last for 45,000 miles. Estimate the ...
- math (word problem) - Suppose a car tire has a diameter of 26 inches. How many ...
- car! - Which one of these statements is true about a "bumper-to-bumper" warranty...