Posted by jen on Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 7:42pm.
Please help me
Write your answer in the form Q(x)+ R(x)/ -2x^2+3x-3,
where Q(x) is the quotient and R(x) is the remainder.
- College Algebra - helper, Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 7:55pm
First rearrange and simplify the numerator to:
6x^4 + 9x^3 + 9
Just divide as your would with any long division problem.
If you post your answer I can tell you if you are correct.
Is there something in particular you do not understand?
- College Algebra - anon, Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 8:05pm
Just not good at division
- College Algebra - helper, Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 8:22pm
I'll try, but the formatting here doesn't allow for easy alignment of columns.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx-3x^2 - 9x - 9
-2x^2+3x-3 |6x^4 + 9x^3 + 0x^2 + 0x +9
------------6x^4 - 9x^3 + 9x^2
subtraction-------18x^3 - 9x^2
------------------18x^3 - 27x^2 + 27x
subtraction-------------18x^2 - 27x + 9
------------------------18x^2-27x + 27
Answer in the form
Q(x)+ R(x)/ -2x^2+3x-3,
-3x^2 - 9x - 9 + -18/(-2x^2 + 3x - 3)
I don't know how you will follow this because of the formatting.
- College Algebra - jen, Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 8:27pm
Ok I will try to figure it out and ask if I need anymore questions. thanks for your help
- College Algebra - helper, Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 10:43pm
You're welcome and good luck :).
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- College Algebra - Divide. (9x^3-10+19+6x^4)/(-2x^2+3x-3) Write your answer in ...
- Algebra 2 - I know it's easy, but I totally just blanked out on how to divide ...
- math - 1. Divide. Write your answer in simplest form. 2/3 / 1/4 2. Find the ...
- Algebra - Use synthetic division to divide the polynomial 2x^3 – 12x – 5 by x + ...
- Algebra - Use the remainder theorem to findvP(-2) for P(x)=2x^4+4x^3-5x^2+4. ...
- Math for Educators - I am thinking of some #s less than 100. When I divide them...
- college algebra, Please help!! - use the remainder theorem to find the remainder...
- Math - Use synthetic division to find the quotient and remainder: (2x^5-7x^3-5x...
- math - Use polynomial long division to find the quotient and the remainder when ...
- Math - 1.Divide.Write your answer in simplest form. (1 point) 2/3 divided by 1/4...