Posted by I HATE MATH!!! on Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 6:02pm.
can somebody help me with this problem....DONT GIVE ME THE ANSWER JUST HOW TO WORK IT...
2r + 8 / 4 = 3r - 6 /3
- COLLEGE ALGEBRA - I HATE MATH!!!, Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 6:06pm
i think i figured it out.....i think the answer is r=8
- COLLEGE ALGEBRA - helper, Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 6:10pm
Post your work and someone can explain what you are doing wrong.
First simplify 8/4 and 6/3
and then combine like terms.
- COLLEGE ALGEBRA - I HATE MATH!!!, Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 6:20pm
helper, its not 8/4 and 6/3. its 2r+8 over 4 = 3r-6 over 3
- COLLEGE ALGEBRA - Damon, Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 6:24pm
That is written
(2r+8)/4 = (3r-6)/3
(r+4)/2 = (r-2)
r+4 = 2(r-2)
r+4 = 2r - 4
8 = r
(16+8)/4 =? (24-6)/3
24/4 = ? 18/3
6 = 6 yes, it checks
- COLLEGE ALGEBRA - I HATE MATH!!!, Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 6:25pm
Thanks so much!
- COLLEGE ALGEBRA - helper, Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 6:37pm
(2r + 8)/4 = (3r - 6)/3
Yes, you are correct, r = 8.
Answer this Question
- college - 12.2 ft/sec how many days will it take to complete its journey with ...
- Math...Algebra :S - Hi, okay um. I'm trying to get his math question (Algebra :o...
- math-college algebra - y-3=1/2(x-6) "finding the value of a variable" x=2 I know...
- 7th grade - i need help on estimatin fractions. Dont just give me the answer ...
- Algebra/math - simplify the expression. Assume that all variables represent ...
- algebra - you give me the answer but didn't really tell me how you did it so i ...
- math - I am confused need help a computer store sold a total of 300 items last ...
- algebra - College Algebra Directions: Solve graphically: x^(2/3)+x^(1/3)-2=0 I ...
- PLEASE READ - ATTENTION TEACHERS AND HELPERS I Am THE REAL Jon I'm not changing ...
- algebra 2 - Posted by hellogoodbie on Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 3:24pm. ...